Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$199,700.00 - $319,600.00
What Is the Opportunity?The Vice President, Strategy & Execution is accountable for developing and managing a holistic view of high priority initiatives and operational objectives across Personal Insurance. This role will focus on developing, implementing, and executing against the PI strategic priorities and create alignment and autonomy required to maximize the effectiveness of strategic investments. This role will also be a key partner to the Agile Delivery Practice Lead in order to ensure operating model optimization.
What Will You Do?
- Partners closely with key stakeholders to drive the alignment to for execution of strategic priorities, including but not limited to: resource planning, initiative prioritization and strategic roadmap development to ensure effectiveness of the ongoing investment portfolio, ensuring strategy and budget are aligned and identifies and optimizes budget and capacity across Value Streams
- Builds and fosters collaborative relationships across all Value Streams, business areas and with key partners, with the ability to influence executive-level leadership. Facilitates senior leader strategy discussions. Leads VSOR meetings to ensure consistency across Value Streams.
- Effectively drives, manages, implements and tracks a broad portfolio of deliverables as well as 'test and learn'/experimentation targeted at defining/refining future deliverables, measuring performance, and adjusting the overall roadmap of deliverables as needed.
- Supports prioritization of various business initiatives across multiple Value Streams addressing risks and dependencies to defined outcomes and ensuring overall alignment with technology and business strategy. Identifies and optimizes the budget and capacity across Value Streams
- Partners closely with Agile Delivery Practice lead to maximize the effectiveness of teams through operating model optimization. Ensures alignment of our governance practices with our Agile Operating Model.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- Experience working with advanced project-management methodologies and Agile principles.
- Experience in developing strong, trusted partnerships with senior executives and constituent partners.
- Strong facilitation and conflict resolution skillset.
- Deep understanding and appreciation for business, business intelligence/analytics, and technology components of program/portfolio management.
- Demonstrated experience developing multi-year technology strategies and roadmaps
- Business and Technical Depth: familiarity with customer and agent, insurance operations, responsibility for the overall technology strategy (for specific platforms supported)
- Change Agent: Strong change leadership skills including the ability to create an inclusive environment, manage conflict and develop solutions to mitigate risk.
- Establishes and maintains an environment where new ideas and solutions are solicited, evaluated and implemented.
- Systemic thinker with strategic planning expertise, readily sees patterns and connections in a complicated environment.
- Ability to challenge effectively and bring diverging points of view together (business & technical perspectives)
- Ability to drive consensus, influence decisions, gain buy-in, and use sound judgment to identify solutions.
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor's degree required
- 10 years of progressively increasing experience in Business/Program management/technology environment required
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.