Account Manager - Commercial Lines (Hybrid)
At Haylor, Freyer & Coon, we believe that talented, caring people make all the difference. HF&C is a Top 100 Insurance Agency, recognized as Best Place to Work on a National, State and Local level. We have recently expanded to a state of the art office in downtown Syracuse.
HF&C offers an outstanding compensation package and a complete benefit package, highlighted by medical and life insurance, short and long term disability, wellness programs, 401(K) retirement plan, generous paid time off package, opportunities to be involved in community based charitable work projects and flexible work environment.
The Account Manager is responsible for the primary client service activities for the assigned book of business; provide technical advice to clients; marketing and negotiating with carriers on the behalf or our client; support Risk Management Advisors in their sales efforts, and support the objectives of the business unit.Responsibilities
- Handle client service request and all activities involved with procuring and renewing insurance coverages
- Be proactive and anticipate the needs of the client and the Risk Management Advisor while providing exceptional and distinctive service
- Exhibit comprehensive insurance knowledge including but not limited to coverage and contract review, recommending coverage and coverage comparisons
- Participate in special assignments as requested by management
- Seize opportunities for account rounding and cross selling leading to success in meeting assigned goals.
- Travel and participate in client meetings
- Maintain current knowledge & demonstrate efficient use of our client management systems resulting in compliance with minimum service level standards
- Timely management of correspondence as required by department, including email and client document management system
- Prepare professional client documents including proposals & Excel spreadsheets
- Seize development opportunities to further personal and professional development
- Support team by building strong relationships and sharing knowledge and useful techniques
Marketing & Negotiating:
- Build and maintain relationships with carrier underwriters by creating a professional and complete submission
- Maintain knowledge of markets and carrier appetites
- Exhibit skills necessary to negotiate desirable outcomes by anticipating carrier perspective
- Strong verbal and written skills including the ability to present and express insurance concepts to non-industry personnel in layman's terms
- Ability to shift focus and manage time in order to prioritize work load and to meet time sensitive deadlines
- Lead by example
You'll love the upbeat and positive work culture and the satisfaction of being appreciated and making a difference. Apply to find out the benefit of being part of a growing Employee Owned Company.Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- State Property & Casualty Insurance License required or obtained within 6 months of employment
- 1-2 years' experience in Health Insurance & Experience in an Account Manager, Sales or Marketing role
Equal Opportunity Employment
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you're a California resident, please read the California Consumer Privacy Act prior to applying.