Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$66,900.00 - $110,400.00
What Is the Opportunity?At Travelers, we work to ensure our customers are covered when it matters most. To provide the best coverage possible, our Enterprise Catastrophe Risk Management team assesses the risk of financial loss due to natural and manmade catastrophes and risk reward analytics. As the Consultant, Catastrophe (CAT) Risk, you will contribute within assigned team and on assigned projects, while developing your risk and insurance industry knowledge and building professional relationships across the enterprise.
What Will You Do?
- Support catastrophe risk evaluation focused in one or more of the following: CAT model framework, monitoring aggregation profiles, development of catastrophe view of risk, and/or performing risk reward analysis.
- Compile business and market results, identify trends, and formulate hypotheses for potential future research and analysis.
- Support a project(s) involved in one or more of the following: CAT underwriting strategy, development of hazard maps, and/or metric standards including data quality, data feed attributes, concentration metrics, and profitability ratios.
- Maintain awareness of Data Repository & CAT Ecosystem for metrics, reports, and exposure data.
- May support CAT Event Response coordination across the enterprise, producing impacted exposure summaries for major events, and providing guidance to executive, claim, reserving and analytical teams. May also participate on post event reviews for catastrophe perils.
- Refresh basic analytical analyses to understand issues, identify cause/effect relationships and may identify and create process efficiencies within assignments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- One year of relevant analytics experience.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft suite, SQL, geospatial, statistical packages or other programs used to retrieve and analyze data.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Catastrophe Risk Modeling components including model output and metrics.
- Ability to proactively manage time and prioritize multiple claims simultaneously.
- Written and verbal communication skills with the ability to pay attention to detail and effectively covey information to peers.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), Business, or a related field.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.