Large Business Account Executive-Commercial Lines
HMK Insurance, an Alera Group Company is seeking a Large Business Account Executive (Commercial Lines) to join their team!
Founded in 1914 and headquartered in Bethlehem, PA, HMK is a full-service insurance agency with a team of over 65 professionals assisting over 3000 businesses with their insurance needs. HMK provides insurance solutions in the areas of Property & Casualty Insurance, Employee Benefits, Risk Management, and Personal Insurance. In 2016, HMK merged with 23 other firms to form the 14th largest insurance broker in the country – The Alera Group. As a member of Alera Group, HMK maintains its independence while having access to broader services, resources, and markets on a national level. We offer competitive benefits, a flexible work environment, access to innovative training, and a family-like workplace where company events and volunteering in the community are integrated throughout the year.
Are you looking to be part of a company where you have exciting opportunities to learn, grow and make a positive impact? Join a team where each employee is empowered to listen generously, speak straight, collaborate, and build each other up through mutual accountability and shared success.
If that is what you're looking for, this is your chance to be part of an amazing organization!Responsibilities
- Work as a team with HMK producer(s) to handle all policy-related activities on assigned accounts including but not limited to the following:
- Follow producers' instructions to manage renewals lists each month.
- Market renewals and new business accounts and provide quote and coverage analysis for producers.
- Manage policies, endorsements, and audits.
- Check all policy documents.
- Update management system to reflect policy coverages.
- Invoice agency bill policies and changes.
- Daily interaction with clients to receive policy change requests and respond to questions regarding policy changes and coverages.
- Daily interaction with insurance carriers to request endorsements, order policies, and respond to carrier requests for additional information.
- Assist producer(s) in the preparation of client proposals for renewal and new business.
- Review insurance requirements and contracts for clients in conjunction with requests for certificates of insurance.
- Work with and direct agency commercial lines assistants who provide clerical assistance to the Account Executive.
- Attend client meetings with producer(s) as necessary.
- Must have Pennsylvania Property & Casualty license or resident license in another state.
- Prefer 3+ years experience in commercial lines.
- Assigned to handle a book of business in our large business commercial lines department. Large business is currently defined as accounts with a premium size over $20,000.
- Key skills include the ability to work independently and prioritize work, self-discipline, and organizational skills.
- Must be trained to use HMK Management system, AMS360.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must have knowledge and ability to work with various insurance carrier products, carrier websites, and rating systems.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you're a California resident, please read the California Consumer Privacy Act prior to applying.