Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$74,200.00 - $122,500.00
What Is the Opportunity?Working remotely, the primary role of the Inside Risk Control Consultant is to conduct surveys and research on written and prospective business leveraging internal and external information. Help customers by positioning the Risk Control self-help resources when possible. Provide findings from the research survey processes that support effective underwriting through risk understanding and class fit. Collaborate with business partners and underwriters to optimize the use of our field RC staff. This role reports to a Field Director. This job does not manage others.
What Will You Do?
- Partnering and having joint ownership with business partners to select, retain, and grow a profitable book of business.
- Building and maintaining a collaborative relationship with underwriters in offices across the country.
- Timely response to requests for information and phone surveys in support of faster business decisions.
- Writing concise reports that communicate basic risk characteristics and an overview of key operations and exposures.
- Discovering and evaluating customer needs through the survey process or loss trends.
- Staying current with technical subject matters, regulatory environment, and emerging issues.
- Creating a valued customer experience through each customer engagement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's degree in environmental health and safety, construction management, basic sciences, and related technical fields.
- Insurance industry and business acumen.
- Graduate degree in a related field.
- Recognized relevant certifications (such as ASP, CSP, ARM, CFPS).
- Technical aptitude, detail oriented.
- Superior communication skills-written, verbal and listening.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and rapport with a client.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Proven work ethic.
- Influencing skills.
- Located within commuting distance of a Travelers field office
What is a Must Have?
- Undergraduate degree in environmental health and safety, construction management, basic sciences or related technical fields required.
- Three years of experience in safety, risk control, or related fields in industries such as construction, manufacturing, or military.
- Must have or be able to attain appropriate certification to meet specific state requirements where applicable.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.