Are you looking for more than just a job? Do you want to have a voice and feel a sense of belonging? At ICW Group, we hire innovative people who consistently adapt, grow and deliver. We believe in hard work, a fun work environment, and embracing creativity that only comes about when talented people collaborate to develop solutions. Our mission to create the best insurance experience possible.
Headquartered in San Diego with regional offices located throughout the United States, ICW Group has been named for seven consecutive years as a Top 50 performing P&C company offering the stability of a large, profitable and growing company combined with a small-company entrepreneurial spirit. Our purpose-driven ethos provides team members with opportunities to contribute, develop, and belong.
Be the CEO of Your Territory!
As a Business Development Underwriter at ICW Group you are the main point of contact for agents and brokers. Overseeing both underwriting and marketing initiatives ensures you grow to become your agents' business partner. You decide how to go about fostering relationships and building your book of business.
You will have the opportunity to establish collaborative relationships, really understand the external marketplace and evaluate routine business for risk acceptability. You will also be responsible for achieving the Company's marketing and producer management objectives within the assigned group of producers through the generation and maintenance of a profitable book of business. Evaluates routine business for risk acceptability; matching price to exposure, loss frequency and severity for profitability, and rating plans/modifications for renewal retention.
Would prefer someone in Lubbock or Amarillo, or Dallas/Ft Worth area.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Drives and manages a profitable and growing book of business
- Sells, services and maintains a producer force that can sell and control a profitable and growing book of business; Monitors production and quality of assigned producers
- Drive profitable sale of the Company's products including increasing sales of existing products, and the introduction and selling of new products as they are developed.
- Develops the assigned producer group to improve the quality and quantity of the business we obtain from assigned producers. • Serves as the primary Company contact and representative with existing and prospective producers.
Prospects and develops new business
- Prospects and prequalifies new producers to determine working relationship • Appoints new quality producers; sets and monitors production expectations with each Agency.
- Attains a thorough knowledge of the geographic territory assigned with regard to production sources, competitor activity, and economic and demographic idiosyncrasies.
- Produces marketing research to help identify opportunities for management, product enhancements, new distribution channels and new geographic markets with growth potential.
Utilizes underwriting authority to effectively price Company's products
- Accepts or rejects simple to slightly complex risks, evaluating all risk characteristics (operations, financials, management, employees, prior experience, etc.) as compared to the average in its class and price for profit within Company Underwriting guidelines.
- Keep alert to industry changes, including WCIRB/NCCI rulings, forms and coverage changes.
Delivers superior customer service through collaborative relationships
- Provides productions support through producer visitations and by participating in underwriting and production presentations.
- Provides personal assistance to agents and insureds through regular visits to outside locations such as producer's offices. Be available to customers through use of Company technology.
- Effectively communicates decisions and resolve agent/customer concerns promptly.
- Presents Agency Management solutions to agency principals and ICW management team.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to service the Company's clients and build and maintain relationships with production sources.
- Ability to apply fundamental Underwriting concepts, practices, procedures in area of specialization.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as submissions, loss control reports, and standard policy form/endorsements. Current driver's license required.
WHY JOIN ICW GROUP?
- A flexible work schedule, hybrid and remote opportunities
- Challenging work and the ability to make a difference
- You will have a voice and feel a sense of belonging
- We offer a competitive benefits package, with generous medical, dental, and vision plans as well as 401K retirement plans
- Want to continue learning? We'll support you 100%
ICW Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. ICW Group will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
If you enjoy both relationship building and analytics, then take a closer look and connect with us!