Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$111,000.00 - $183,200.00
What Is the Opportunity?National Property provides tailored property protection solutions for high value, complex risks across a wide array of industries. The Account Executive Officer (AEO), National Property will partner with agents and brokers to provide coverage for new and renewal business based on customers' needs. This role is seen as a technical resource. As an AEO, you are decisive, detail-oriented, and know how to build relationships internally and externally to drive results. Your ability to independently assess complex risk and sell our products in challenging markets will contribute to the profitability and success of Travelers.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility. #LI-Hybrid
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the profitability, growth, and retention of an assigned book of business.
- Underwrite and skillfully negotiate complex customer accounts to minimize risk and maximize profitability. Additionally, occasionally negotiate and procure reinsurance to underwrite complex accounts.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with internal partners within the business unit and across the enterprise to create sales plans and identify cross-selling opportunities.
- Foster and maintain relationships with external partners by regularly meeting in person with agents and brokers to market and sell Travelers products with a goal of writing and retaining accounts consistent with our risk appetite. Must be able to travel to such meetings.
- Identify and capture new business opportunities using consultative marketing and sales skills.
- Independently develop and execute agency sales plans and frequently partner with your Managing Director (MD) to develop region/group sales plans.
- May assist in the training and mentoring of less experienced Account Executives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Four years of underwriting experience.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree.
- Six to eight years of relevant underwriting experience with experience in National Property.
- Deep knowledge of property-related products, the regulatory environment, and the local insurance market.
- Deep financial acumen.
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to proactively identify underwriting, marketing, or financial challenges and analyze available information to make timely decisions in alignment with our risk appetite.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to successfully negotiate in difficult situations with agents and brokers.
Licensing or Certificates
- CPCU designation.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Operates standard office equipment (Continuously)
- Sitting (can stand at will) (Frequently)
- Use of Keyboards, Sporadic 10-Key (Frequently)
- Driving (Occasionally)
- Travel Requirements: Travel Occasionally
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.