Group Benefits LLC, an Alera Group Company is seeking an Account Manager to join our Employee Benefits team.
Are you looking to be part of a company where you have exciting opportunities to learn, grow and make a positive impact?
Join a team where each employee is empowered to listen generously, speak straight, collaborate, and build each other up through mutual accountability and shared success?
If that is what you're looking for, this is your chance to be part of an amazing organization!
Group Benefits LLC was established in 2008 to provide customized benefits solutions for clients to fit their budget, reflect their company culture, maintain compliance, and provide Human Resources and technology support. We do more than broker insurance, we are a strategic partner with companies in the Mid-South to help them thrive.
As an Account Manager, you will be responsible for oversight of group benefits accounts, managing client and carrier relationships, and maintaining effective customer service for all assigned clients. Other responsibilities include in-depth understanding and knowledge of Health Care Reform and Compliance and labor laws affecting Employee Benefits and their administration. The ideal candidate will be able to work closely with senior management and within a well-run Account Management team.
- Manage the Employee Benefit renewal process, from marketing to enrollment.
- Consult on employee benefit plan designs.
- Identify and communicate sales opportunities to Brokers.
- Proactively consult on the Affordable Care Act and Compliance measures and disseminate information to clients promptly.
- Maintain client files and records in accordance with HIPAA and agency standards.
- Establish and preserve a solid business rapport with clients, Benefits Carriers, Vendors, and other Business Partners and stay up to date on applicable guidelines and policy changes.
- Maintain expertise/knowledge of all lines of coverage and other products/resources offered to clients.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a business-related field or equivalent work experience.
- Extensive knowledge of the employer-sponsored health and welfare benefits marketplace.
- 2+ years of Account Management experience required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects, and work quickly and accurately under pressure.
- Current Tennessee Insurance Licensure or obtained within the first 6 months of employment.
- Experienced in the use of Agency Management Software systems.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, with strong Excel skills
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you're a California resident, please read the California Consumer Privacy Act prior to applying.