Regional Sales Representative
- Develop and implement a documented plan to prospect, sell, and service new and existing insurance accounts that meet assigned goals and corporate objectives. Within established guidelines, will evaluate and determine eligibility of new business.
- Conduct prospecting activities that support established goals and objectives. Develop and manage prospect files in database. Respond within established time frame to sales leads.
- Working within an assigned territory, will conduct on-site visits to customers to inspect, evaluate, and document exposures and conduct customer sales presentations. As a field underwriter, offer sound risk management and risk improvement advice to customers and potential prospects. Complete insurance application and provide supporting data for processing. Enter system data to process transactions and document all decisions and communications.
- Analyze and provide recommendations and direction to insureds at time of renewal. Work with home office team to make the renewal process timely and complete and to provide exceptional service to the customer.
- Investigate customer complaints/inquiries and provide response in specified time frame.
- Reporting Activities: Complete and maintain database for all sales activities, provide written report(s) to management as directed, complete and process expense accounts, and report nonrenewal and cancellation decisions.
- Additional requirements.
- Attend training seminars, meetings, and conventions as required, including trips to the Home Office for training.
- Maintain a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a property and casualty insurance license.
- Assume temporary additional territory assignments as necessary.
- Develop and implement a plan to prospect, sell, and service new and existing insurance accounts.
- Conduct prospecting activities and document in database.
- Conduct on-site customer visits to inspect, evaluate, and document exposures. Provide risk management and risk improvement advice to customers and potential prospects.
- Prepare and conduct on-site sales presentations.
- Provide reports, documentation, expense reports, etc.
- Maintain an insurance license in good standing and a valid driver's license.
- Travel and overnight stays are required.