Sales Representative - Military Spouse (Western US - Remote)
The Navy Mutual Aid Association is a non-profit, member-owned mutual association established in 1879 to provide affordable life insurance and peace of mind to members of the military and their families. One hundred and forty years later, our mission and commitment to protect those who defend us remains unwavering. Through quality life insurance products, no-cost educational programs and unparalleled service Navy Mutual has earned the loyalty and support of our growing membership.
Financially strong, Navy Mutual is proud to be a first-choice provider of life insurance to service members and their loved ones. Our team’s efforts to serve and protect our members and their loved ones is the reason that Navy Mutual enjoys outstanding customer satisfaction member retention ratings.
Inspired by the history and character of our own Members, Navy Mutual naturally promotes a strong, hardworking culture. Our staff, leadership, and Board members continuously strive to provide exceptional service and expert guidance to Navy Mutual Members, servicemembers and their families. Navy Mutual is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion, and embraces the characteristics that make our employees unique. We understand the collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but Navy Mutual’s reputation and success as well.
For a better understanding of our mission and culture, we have included a link of a short video with testimonials from our senior leadership and employees.
Navy Mutual values military spouse sales representatives and the unique insights and skills they bring to the table. Active duty military spouses strongly encouraged to apply.
Core Working Hours: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm – This position is 100% Western US – Remote.
The Remote Sales Representative for the West Coast will develop new West Coast prospects and promote the sale of Navy Mutual’s life insurance and annuity plans by phone, e-mail, in person, or by marketing leads and prospecting activities. The ideal candidate is driven to succeed and is persuasive, self-motivated and has the ability to work independently. This Sales Representative position requires individuals to be empowered through overcoming challenges while embracing the rewards of working in a Sales environment. Successful candidates will be positive, outgoing, have a professional demeanor and strives to deliver excellent customer service.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the entire sales process from proposal to close; reach or exceed monthly sales goals.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgement with respect to insurance policy counseling to best serve our members and potential members. Education and outreach.
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with current and prospective members.
- Track, prepare and maintain records of sales leads and account status.
- Make 30-50 weekly outbound sales calls to actively make sales & schedule appointments with prospective members. Develop and/or investigate in person sales presence.
- Write sales proposals with immediate follow-up with prospective members. Develop and adherence to a sales cadence and proper follow up on sales opportunities as well as prospect generation.
- Effectively communicate Navy Mutual’s products and services to our prospective members.
- Initiate follow-up contact with prospective policy holders who have not provided an application since their most recent request.
- Ability and willingness to properly educate military personnel and their families on military benefits, as well as the benefits of Navy Mutual membership and products.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all software programs, which are required to be used by the team.
- Complete the “Individual Life Insurance” (HS 323) course offered by The American College and/or advanced designation.
- Comply with all pertinent laws/regulations, all Bylaws and policies established by the Board of Directors, and all written/verbal instructions received from Vice President of Sales.
- Attend mandatory meetings and training programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of military life and the needs of servicemembers and their families is required.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of sales experience
- Previous experience working in life insurance sales environment is preferred.
- Having strong project management skills with excellent attention to detail with proven ability to solve problems.
- Candidates must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and present professionally and courteously.
- Looking for candidates who are professional, engaging and extremely driven and have a strong passion for sales.
- Existing CLU or ChFC professional designation is a plus.
- Must be able to maintain access to DoD installations (e.g., maintain an active DoD dependent card).
Navy Mutual offers a Full Benefits package including, medical, dental, vision, 401k, life and disability insurance, educational loan assistance, tuition reimbursement and parental leave and so much more.
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse employees. We are proud to be a place where talented people who strive to support the mission and values of our association can grow as professionals, leaders, and individuals. Please visit www.navymutual.org to learn more about our guiding lights, history and mission.
Navy Mutual Aid Association is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Navy Mutual utilizes E-Verify.