Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$123,400.00 - $203,700.00
What Is the Opportunity?The Experience Lead - is an exciting new role in our Enterprise Customer Experience organization that is critical to stewarding the customer, agent and employee experience for a multi-year Payments and Billing strategy and transformation. This role will be dedicated to the Payments and Billing Transformation and work closely with a team of leaders enabling business outcomes including an enhanced customer, agent and employee experience, contemporary payment offerings, financial commitments, and continuing to foster our evolving Agile journey.
As the Experience lead, you will provide the overall experience leadership, stewardship and consultation for the key customer, agent and employee experiences with the new Billing and Payments ecosystem. You will support the implementation of Guidewire Billing Center across multiple divisions of Travelers keeping the customer at the center of this journey-led transformation. You will use your experience and ability to influence and guide others to help set customer centric strategic direction for the solution and support the execution ensuring alignment to long term strategy and essential business outcomes. This position reports to the AVP of Enterprise Customer Experience Journey Transformation Strategy and Practices.
This position will strategically interface with key business and technology stakeholders to execute an enterprise model to optimize and drive efficiencies in billing process across multiple lines of business keeping the customer at the center of the strategic design. Please consider this position if you are looking for a dynamic, fast paced, team environment in which you can partner with others to transform multiple business and technical processes to make an impact across a Dow 30 company, driving significant business outcomes
What Will You Do?
- Lead, define, communicate, and be the champion for customer, agent, and employee experience across the entire transformation program
- Lead and establish the overall experience strategic objectives for critical capabilities in consultation with overall transformation program and line of business plans
- Partner with business and technology leaders to support the development and execution of the overall roadmap to deliver enterprise billing capabilities with attention and stewardship over ensuring we are delivering differentiated experiences for our customers, agents, and employees.
- Evangelize 'One Travelers' approach to our engagement with external partners and ecosystems
- Stewardship over the necessary customer and market research activities
- Work with experience designers and line experience teams to mold consistent experience for employees and customer, agents within their respective ecosystem
- Partner with Data/Analytics, Process Excellence, Change Management and Communications functions to define holistic success measures for implemented capabilities
- Steward the coordination of experience activities across the entire program and lines of business - promote commonality and reuse where practical and support synergistic alignment across the lines
- Model the way through words, behaviors and actions to enable high performing, diverse teams with an unwavering commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Acts as a change agent, motivating and helping to make CX transformational change happen at Travelers
- Recommends innovative ways to facilitate changes to products, processes, and policies impacting customers/agents/employees
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- 7+ years relevant experience in a financial institution or consulting company
Strong business acumen with an ability to understand the direction and goals of the business.
Demonstrated subject matter expertise on customer experience and customer satisfaction drivers, best practices and trends.
Demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic environment bringing intellectual horsepower, and mental agility to quickly learn new topics, understand our unique organization, culture and approaches
Experience working on Human-centered design projects and in Agile operating model
Demonstrated ability to work effectively across business lines and all levels of management.
Knowledge of dynamic work design principals
Able to utilize existing networks to access relevant stakeholders
Analytical, creative, and strategic thinking and a willingness to take calculated risks
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, and visual
- Proactive, forward thinking and ability to synthesize disparate information effectively and quickly into clear recommendations, actions, and decisions
- Passion for customer experience, transformation, and acting as a change agent
- Growth mindset, adaptability, and a drive for continuous improvement.
- Customer Centric Mindset: champions and advocates for the customers/agents/employees. Ensure customer is put in the center right from the start, strategically and intentionally, never thought afterwards
- Agile Mindset: Embody Agile core values of openness, courage, respect, focus, and commitment. Infuse Agile principles, practices and methodologies to achieve team success.
- Change Agent: Expert change leadership skills including the ability to create an inclusive environment, manage conflict and develop solutions to mitigate risk.
- Influence: Ability to influence behaviors of leaders at all levels and without traditional hierarchy.
- Servant Leadership: Foster an environment where individuals thrive as empowered and equal members of a team.
- Communication: Ability to communicate thoughts, concepts, practices effectively at all levels, adjusting as needed to a target audience.
- Collaboration: Expertise working with others in a cross-functional multi-team environment.
- Continuous Improvement: Demonstrate a commitment to continually improve, share learning with others and encourage team development.
What is a Must Have?
- Five years of experience in a delivery organization or related experience.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.