Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$95,600.00 - $157,700.00
What Is the Opportunity?Travelers' Experience Design Research (XD) team creates solutions to ensure best-in-class experiences for our customers, agents, employees, and partners. As a Lead Experience Researcher, you will discover and create new and improved solutions that result in unified, inclusive, and valuable experiences for our customers, agents, and employees. With guidance and strategic direction from Experience Design (XD) leadership, you will collaborate with product and journey management, engineering, data and analytics, business stakeholders, and others. You will contribute to setting experience vision and strategy, generate insights into actionable observations, and conduct user research in one or more channels. You will also develop your skills while supporting the development of less experienced staff.
This position may be based 100% remotely or in one of our offices.
What Will You Do?
- Identify, plan, and execute research and testing activities to gather user experience data, evaluate the usability of solutions, and determine the effectiveness of concepts; analyze, evaluate, describe, report results and recommendations to design stakeholders.
- Plan and conduct quantitative user research to baseline and benchmark and support qualitative data. (Summative Benchmark, System Usability Scale, NPS, etc.)
- Plan and conduct primary user research including qualitative facilitation, survey and questionnaire design, user recruitment and coordination, etc.
- Analyze and report research findings to stakeholders and translate these findings into insights and design solutions.
- Conduct secondary and competitive research and analysis when appropriate.
- Advocate user-centered approaches; help partners understand when and why empathy matters.
- Continually grow a range of familiar research methods, strategically selecting methods (e.g., ethnographic interviews, prototyping, contextual inquiry, intercepts, surveys, A/B tests, metrics) to meet project needs.
- Collaborate and communicate with various stakeholders (i.e., end users, other business and technology functions, and outside partners), integrating and advancing a human-centered focus that informs work through research-based insights and design exploration.
- Provide domain-specific insights and input, while aligning and sequencing work appropriately, removing impediments, identifying risks, and helping others understand scope and objectives.
- Communicate design concepts and decisions, solicit feedback, and independently prioritize and apply where appropriate.
- Help to identify new and improved tools, methods, and processes.
- Guide and mentor less experienced XD staff, contribute to and help lead team and practice development, and grow your own skills while advancing the XD function.
- If managing others, set performance goals, provide ongoing feedback, and conduct standard performance reviews.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Experience in a related field, such as UXR, HCI, Service Design, Anthropology, etc.
- Five years of related experience.
- Working knowledge of most areas, along with proficiency in two or more areas:
- Quantitative & Qualitative Research Methodology
- Information architecture
- Interaction design
- Information Design
- Service Design
- Presentation and communication
- Collaboration and facilitation
- Design strategy
- Usability testing
- Data analysis
- Design systems
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in work experience.
- Four years of related experience.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.