Underwriting Administrative Associate
McNeil and Company located in Cortland, New York a subsidiary of Arch Capital Group Ltd. is seeking a fulltime Underwriting Administrative Associate to join their Underwriting Group. This individual will need to be client focused and provide necessary product and service information while being able to resolve service inquires. Additionally, the individual will act as a liaison between the Underwriting and Marketing Groups. The selected candidate will possess strong customer service and interpersonal skills which will translate into the success of the position.Job Responsibilities
- Analyze and enter new business applications.
- Assign new business applications to appropriate Underwriter.
- Process consumer and broker requests for Loss Runs.
- Maintain open communications and build relationships with underwriters and brokers to improve and sustain the flow of required information.
- Maintain familiarity with procedures regarding the processing of Loss Runs, New Business Entry and filing of documents.
- Open, review, scan and disburse daily mail.
- Train new team members in processing of Loss Runs and New Business Entry.
- Manage endorsement request inbox on a daily basis and issue endorsement requests within 72 hours of receipt.
- Analyze endorsement request to see if the information on the request is complete and accurate.
- Determine effective date of endorsement and ensure it falls within processing guidelines.
- Process appropriate number of workflows required for each individual endorsement.
- Train new team members in endorsement set-up procedures.
- Provide backup support for other Underwriting Support associates when needed
- Train new team members in performance of administrative functions
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient knowledge of computers in a windows-based environment required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Solid time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize, maintaining required production levels
- Meet expectations for attendance and punctuality
- Ability to comply with accepted practices and guidelines
- Sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignment to completion
High School diploma required, Associates degree or two years of related experience preferred.The Company
McNeil & Co. is a nationwide leader in specialized insurance programs, drawing on deep industry expertise to develop and deliver policies and risk management services that meet the unique needs of clients. McNeil & Co. offers the best possible specialized coverage, along with a full array of risk management services, to help customers maximize preparedness and grow their businesses. Established in 1989 to answer a need for more comprehensive, tailored policies in the emergency services market, McNeil & Co. has developed and expanded a model for specialty insurance programs based on genuine industry knowledge and a consultative approach to loss control and risk management. Acclaimed products include AdvenSure, AnimalKeepers, ASIP, Car Wash, ESIP (and Benefits), FireWatch, HOMed (O&P Plus), WildPRO and the Bar, Tavern, Club program.
McNeil & Company is based in Cortland, NY with offices in Denver, CO, Orland Park, IL and Latham, NY. McNeil & Co. is owned by Arch Capital Group Ltd., a Bermuda-based company that provides insurance, reinsurance and mortgage insurance on a worldwide basis through its wholly owned subsidiaries. For more information, visit: mcneilandcompany.com.Options Apply for this position onlineApplyShareEmail this position to a friendRefer Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Application FAQsSoftware Powered by iCIMS