Our client is a leading full-service systems integrator and original equipment manufacturer. Due to continued growth, we are looking for a Technical Sales Estimator to join their team.
Title: Technical Sales Estimator
Location: Sacramento, CA
Overview: Under minimal supervision, this role will serve as the estimator for technical projects and qualify project opportunities, assess project requirements, and produce quotes/proposals for these projects. Serve as the account executive for key accounts. Provide customer service, track sales and project opportunities, and participate in sales related events with clients. Develop technical proposals and cost estimates on projects, and apply product knowledge, technology, and solution services to meet the clients' needs.
- Evaluate project needs and assess scope of work requirements.
- Develop detailed scopes of work and project approach, delivery, and execution methodology descriptions.
- Prepare customized, time sensitive technical proposals with detailed estimates
- Interact with company departments for input/review of proposals and resource planning/scheduling, etc.
- Sell and apply company manufactured products and professional services as applicable.
- Interact with consulting engineers and clients regarding proposal requirements.
- Develop and maintain resource information on products, suppliers, subcontractors, government requirements, etc.
- Establish and maintain business relationships (internal and external)
- Process product and professional services purchase orders and contracts.
- Fill out sales order entries and estimating reports.
- Attend scheduled and unscheduled project meetings as a representative of Tesco.
- Track manufacturing process and update customers
- Prepare and track project change orders
- Maintain customer relationships and attend outside functions with key accounts.
- Respond promptly to customer needs, solicit customer feedback to improve service, and maintain confidentiality with project information and customer sensitive data
- Bachelor's degree preferred (minimum Business Administration; Engineering, Computer Science, or
equivalent applicable experience acceptable
- Superior composition and technical writing skills
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) Publisher and Access database experience is a plus
- Exceptional customer relations and networking skills