Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$121,300.00 - $200,100.00
What Is the Opportunity?Under general supervision, the Regional Sales Director (RSD) assists in strategic management of the agency plant and has primary responsibility for sales strategy and business development driving profitable growth for the assigned territory. This position manages others. Responsible for hiring, coaching and mentoring Sales Executives and Sr. Sales Executives to achieve Regional goals. This position is based 100% remotely and may include a combination of mobile work and/or work from your primary residence.
What Will You Do?
- In partnership with Regional Vice President, identifies potential candidates for employment, interviews, and selects top talent for organization, focusing on building enterprise-wide bench strength.
- Facilitates new hire training by ensuring employees know about and are enrolled in all applicable instruction to position them for success in the job.
- Regularly reviews Sales Executive call reports, BAMM, and Agent follow-up activity and communicates feedback on a timely basis to employees on strengths and opportunities.
- Enforces the ethical and legal standards of The Travelers with agents and employees.
- Holds regular business meetings with staff to communicate information and solicit input.
- Offers employees opportunities to develop leadership and presentation skills by encouraging them to take an active role in content and delivery.
- Travels with Sales Executives to observe performance behavior, model appropriate approach and sales skills, communicate feedback and listen/respond to employee questions and concerns.
- Coordinates sales planning and quarterly performance reviews with Sales Executives, identifying gaps and devising action plans with Sales Executives to drive goal achievement.
- Holds employees accountable for behavior and performance. Generally manages up to 10 dedicated Sales Executives.
- Analyzes regional market, distribution channel and product offerings, identifies gaps and strategic opportunities, and works with business partners (Product Management, Finance, Business Center, Agency Automation) on plan to increase market share and drive profitable growth for Personal Lines.
- Manages distribution channel by creating and monitoring agency plans and results.
- Represents regional agency council meetings.
- Coordinates communication to agents and brokers to provide consistent and timely information, as well as to Regional Vice President, Regional Finance Officer, and Product Management regarding issues and opportunities within the distribution system.
- Acts as prime resource for competitive intelligence and distribution channel information for the region.
- Facilitates identification of prospects, negotiating, appointing and closing of agencies with Sales Executives.
- Identifies business development and cross-selling opportunities involving cross/multiple business units, states, or regions to maximize market penetration.
- Meets with agents to discuss business opportunities with Travelers.
- Facilitates with Sales Executives changes to agency contracts and coordination of agency profit sharing activities.
- Remains knowledgeable of agency financial stability and facilitates appropriate action to be taken with agencies.
- Serves as liaison on contracts, licensing, agency databases, profit sharing, data reporting, web-site management, and e-commerce strategy by sharing information and guiding people to appropriate resources.
- Leverage Differences.
- Manage in participative manner.
- Develop employees.
- Manage change effectively.
- Participates on Field and Home Office teams, groups, and committees to represent Field Sales and/or Regional Sales Director perspective.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's Degree in Sales or Marketing preferred.
- Ability to:
- Lead & Motivate others.
- Coach & developing others.
- Drive for results.
- Influence & persuade.
- Think strategically.
- Focus on distribution.
- Plan & organize.
- Use decisive judgment.
- Act with integrity.
- Valid driver's license.
What is a Must Have?
- A minimum of eight years of professional sales experience within the Insurance Industry is required.
- A minimum of three years of management experience is required.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time is required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.