Regional Sales Director (Group Benefits) - Western Region
This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk taking and superior risk adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
At AXIS, we believe that we are only as strong as our people. We strive to create an inclusive and welcoming culture where employees of all backgrounds and from all walks of life feel comfortable and empowered to be themselves. This means that we bring our whole selves to work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodation is available upon request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
The Regional Sales Director will develop new and maintain existing relationships with agencies, their producers and staff within an assigned region to ensure additional sources of profitable new and renewal revenue for AXIS Group Benefits. Partnerships will focus primarily on the employee benefits or commercial P&C agency markets within the region, referring program managers to National Sales Executive. You will be considered an AXIS Group Benefits subject matter experts as well as an SME on all the supplemental health and voluntary benefit products marketed through those channels.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify and develop new agency partnerships within the supplemental medical and voluntary market
- Build a consistent and sustainable pipeline of new opportunities within the region utilizing all products available for the core limited benefit market as well as customers in adjacent marketplaces
- Maintain existing assigned relationships with agencies and their associated producers and staff; generate new opportunities, new gross written premium and grow profits
- Develop annual plans and strategies to market AXIS Group Benefits within an assigned region
- Collaborate with internal AXIS Group Benefits and AXIS Accident & Health resources (Underwriting, Operations, Marketing, etc.) to ensure new business and renewals are converted into profitable premium growth
- Support the business development needs of the agencies through the delivery of product information, educational sessions, joint sales calls and other means to increase the engagement of the agency
- Responsible for ensuring that MS Outlook and Salesforce captures all relevant information associated with the agencies and its producers and staff, their submissions, proposals, wins and losses for new business and renewals
- Develop reports related to key business development metrics at frequencies requested by Head of Sales and AXIS Group Benefits/AXIS leadership
- Maintain working knowledge of various workflow and operation systems, compliance requirements and underwriting guidelines for each of the products sold through the channel.
- Handles special projects and assignments at the request of manager
- Be an active participant in sales team meetings to ensure knowledge is disseminated accurately and clearly to the benefit of others
REQUIRED EDUCATION/TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Requires at least eight (8) years of relevant experience and at least three (3) years of experience in an external producer facing business development role within the Group Health, Ancillary and Supplemental Benefits market
- Experience operating in a broad geographic region is preferred
- Active L, A&H or A&H producer license in residence state and ability to obtain resident or non-resident licenses within 90 days of hire, as required
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to travel approximately 50% of the time.
OTHER DESIRED SKILLS & CHARACTERISTICS:
- Professional selling skills – integrity, adaptability, drive and dependability, plus prospecting, engagement and negotiating skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Strong financial analysis capabilities and attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Proficiency with CRM Tools (i.e. Salesforce, MS Dynamics, etc.)