Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$75,700.00 - $124,900.00
What Is the Opportunity?This position leads a team responsible for using marketing and site analytics data to drive business results. Internal and external information is used to identify quantifiable and actionable opportunities for the Personal Insurance Direct Markets team. Role is responsible for architecting solutions, building reports, monitoring and analyzing results, and communicating information to marketing & web operations managers and Direct Markets marketing leadership.
This role can be 100% remote or Hybrid model in the office.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyze impression, quote and sales data to improve the financial performance of Direct Markets' acquisition (i.e., marketing & Telesales) spend
- Identify opportunities to leverage analytics to support increased optimization of marketing initiatives (e.g., Paid Search campaigns, price comparison website (PCW) partner onboarding, adjacent products) for specific marketing creative and programs
- Leverage transactional data to identify problems within the end-to-end quoting experience for either the consumer or the underlying technical environments (e.g., data warehouse, online quoting platform technical or underwriting knockouts, 3rd party quote or lead imports)
- Collaborate with Enterprise and Personal Insurance Marketing, Data Engineering, Data Science, Direct Markets Circle Team, etc. to evaluate the performance of new predictive models
- Anticipate how onboarding those processes will impact our data warehouse and the evaluation of the business
- Provide continued support of the growing digital media portfolio (e.g., lead generation, PCW, paid search, display, email, lead export) as new partners are identified and as additional spend is placed within the market
- Coordinate with marketing media managers on near term strategies associated with creating new campaign assets for Direct Markets
- Support demand associated with Enterprise Marketing and technology investments to ensure brand awareness efforts are having the intended outcomes (e.g., favorably influencing brand perception of Travelers, driving additional quotes and sales)
- Analyze opportunities to improve Direct Markets' Other Insurance Expense (OIE) to drive greater financial efficiency
- Partner with Campaign Management / Advertising Operations team to ensure go-to-market campaigns operate as expected
- Use analytics to explain business results, monitor business strategies and identify actionable opportunities
- Use data visualization (e.g., Google Data Studio, MicroStrategy, Excel.) tools and storytelling skills to effectively communicate insights and influence decisions/outcomes to leadership
- With some direction, leverage industry best practices, market data and technology trends to identify business opportunities
- Effectively work with cross functional teams on varying business initiatives
- Provide information that can help influence business strategy and help to prioritize investments based on translating insights to business value
- Collaborate with IT and data management teams to ensure correct data is persisted for business critical analysis
- Collaborate with IT, Actuarial, Operations, Finance, Data Management and Claim functional areas
- Can manipulate raw data and work towards the ultimate design required to meet business requests
- Interpret data to recognize patterns and analyze trends
- Complete reasonability and validation tests with direction
- Support Proofs of Concept to inform business strategies
- Monitor performance indicators and identifies possible improvements
- Support assessment of the financial impact of recommendations
- Two years of business analytics experience required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) preferred
- 3+ years of analytics or related experience preferred
- 3+ years working successfully with Microsoft office products or similar products preferred
- Exposure and working knowledge of tools such as SAS, R, SQL preferred
- General knowledge of analytic concepts preferred
- Experience with Descriptive Analytic practices and processes preferred
- Working business knowledge preferred
- Developing knowledge of insurance products/concepts preferred
- Experience working on teams preferred
- General knowledge of the main features of the collection of data and the relationship of data
- Prior experience with Snowflake or other equivalent cloud technologies preferred
- Prior experience using Microstrategy or other reporting technologies preferred
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- General understanding of the business functions of businesses supported.
- Demonstrated intermediate analytic and diagnostic skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate communication skills.
- Intermediate ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Intermediate project management skills.
- General understanding of the business functions, processes, and overall business strategies.
- Intermediate ability to see tasks to completion.
- Intermediate Computer Skills in Excel and basic skills in database programming language and/or related applications.
- Intermediate problem solving and decision making skills.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.