Regional Business Consultant - REMOTE (Great Atlantic Region)
American National is an established, stable, and successful multi-line insurance corporation that has provided financial strength and a sense of security to employees, customers and business partners since 1905. We've been recognized by Forbes as one of America's most trustworthy financial companies and best mid-sized employers. With focus on our organization's values and cultural richness: Financial Strength, Integrity, Respect, Service and Teamwork (FIRST) and Agility, Collaboration, and Engagement (ACE) we continue to pursue our vision to be a leading provider of financial products and services for current and future generations.
What's in it for you?
American National supports a comfortable, diverse, and inclusive work environment, following a casual dress code and focus on healthy work-life balance. We understand that comprehensive benefits are important which is why we offer a generous package that includes: medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, matching 401(k), paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, health-wellness initiatives, and a volunteer program where employees are provided PTO for giving their time to a charity of choice, and referral bonuses! We also offer a comprehensive wellness program that includes onsite fitness centers and classes or discounted gym memberships, free health screenings, free flu shots, and more.Job Posting
American National is seeking a self-motivated Regional Business Consultant for our Great Atlantic Region (PA, VA, WV, DE, MD). This position is responsible for supporting the regional field executive in achieving the strategic goals and objectives of the assigned territory. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to be involved in efforts to drive sales results while training and mentoring agents.
How You Will Make An Impact:
• Recruits and selects multiple line general agents and agents throughout the regional operation.
• Works directly with new agents and general agents to drive successful business agents.
• Leads the annual business planning process with multiple line general agents and agents.
• Works closely with the regional field executive to drive performance in the region.
• Acts as a liaison between the regional field executive, the agency, and other corporate departments.
• Facilitates training for multiple line general agents and agents.
• Partners with life and ag/com field specialists to create specific strategies to drive results.
• Ensures compliant business practices throughout the regional operation.
• Leads the development of agency-level profitability plans when needed.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Two to four years of experience.
• One to two years of supervisory/management experience.
• Additional Qualifications:
o Maintain a property and casualty insurance license
o Strong business acumen
o Proficiency in MS Office: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Salary for this position can range from $80,000 for candidates who are minimally qualified through $90,000 for more highly qualified candidates. Candidates outside of the range are encouraged to apply, and will be considered based on experience, skill and education.
The preceding job posting was designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with the job qualifications, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this position or other opportunities at American National.
American National's recruitment policies help us place individuals in a timely and efficient manner. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted by our recruiting team. Candidates may check the status of their application(s) by logging into our Career Portal.
American National is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
Hiring Manager: Jesse Gorczynski
Recruiter: Mariah F Goforth