Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$49,000.00 - $80,900.00
What Is the Opportunity?Under close supervision, the Field Sales Consultant provides support and serves as point of referral for the Field Sales organization. This position does not manage others.
What Will You Do?
- Field Support:
- Field Sales Consultant provides support and serves as point of referral.
- May assist Field in using Travelers tools to gather data (i.e. run reports, code clean up, agency set up).
- Assists in the preparation of presentations to agencies.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships and proactively contacts internal and external customers to ensure satisfaction.
- Provides follow-up to customer service requests. Elevates unresolved matters to ensure timely resolution.
- Applies process of appointing new agents that meet production expectations of new business at Travelers.
- May assist in logistics coordination, material preparation and facilitation of training sessions or workshops.
- Learns Travelers sales administration processes and how to apply to agency situations.
- Gathers info for field on Travelers products, pricing and appetite.
- Agency Support:
- Learns criteria for appointing new agents and may schedule appointments with new and existing agencies.
- Attends Agency Tools, Development and CSR workshops and schedules required follow up meetings for attendees.
- Follows-up with Agents who attend Agency Development workshops and work with Sales Execs on next steps in the process of appointing new agents.
- Learns Personal Insurance terminology, products, pricing and appetite.
- Learns details of Travelers' Marketing programs.
- May assist in the preparation of presentation material for Agencies.
- Assists Agents upon direction from field with systems issues, knowing when to involve trainer. Ensures that Agency staffs are fully trained (products, automation for quoting and HQ in total).
- Learns SAM Plan components and processes and may assist in research for data for others' SAM Plans.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- 1 year experience in Administration, Sales or PI experience preferred.
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Introductory knowledge of agency diagnostics: (Ability to accurately assess agency operations and provide strategic sales and marketing insight).
- Basic ability to Influence the Sale: ability to convince current and prospective agents to represent and promote Travelers products and services.
- Ability to communicate effectively with agents.
- Introductory ability to deliver results on assigned projects/assignments.
- Intermediate relationship management skills.
- Intermediate communication skills.
- Basic ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to demonstrate resilience.
- Demonstrates basic problem solving skills and ability to exercise decisive judgment.
- Demonstrates integrity.
- Intermediate technical savvy: Knowledge and or ability to learn new systems, applications and programs quickly and then to be able to explain to others.
- Basic skill of Driving for results: Self-assured, responds confidently to objections, and does not give up easily.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft office products , particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Definition of Basic Skills/Competencies: Demonstrates basic knowledge and ability; can apply the competency in common/familiar situations that present limited difficulties.
- Not Required.
What is a Must Have?
- High School diploma required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.