HYBRID: Contract Negotiation Specialist
American National is an established, stable, and successful multi-line insurance corporation that has provided financial strength and a sense of security to employees, customers and business partners since 1905. We've been recognized by Forbes as one of America's most trustworthy financial companies and best mid-sized employers. With focus on our organization's values and cultural richness: Financial Strength, Integrity, Respect, Service and Teamwork (FIRST) and Agility, Collaboration, and Engagement (ACE) we continue to pursue our vision to be a leading provider of financial products and services for current and future generations.
What's in it for you?
American National supports a comfortable, diverse, and inclusive work environment, following a casual dress code and focus on healthy work-life balance. We understand that comprehensive benefits are important which is why we offer a generous package that includes: medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, matching 401(k), paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, health-wellness initiatives, and a volunteer program where employees are provided PTO for giving their time to a charity of choice, and referral bonuses! We also offer a comprehensive wellness program that includes onsite fitness centers and classes or discounted gym memberships, free health screenings, free flu shots, and more.
How you will make an impact
Are you an experienced supply chain professional, seeking opportunity to leverage your skills in contract negotiation? As a Contract Specialist, you will ensure that products, services, and vendor relationships best support American National's objectives. You will be directly responsible for the evaluation of vendors and contracts including the “Requests for Quotes” (RFQ.) “Request for Proposals” (RFP.) and “Requests for Information” (RFI).
- Ensure that the legal department reviews and confirms that all contracts are fully executed and deposited into the company procurement system
- Partners with internal customers to facilitate Request for Proposals, Request for Quotes, and Invitations to Bid
- Conceives, develops, and delivers techniques, practices, and procedures for compliance administration in a matter that protects the company's interests
- Prepares, analyzes, and presents reports as requested
- Manages large scale projects including both purchasing and process changes with a high level of discretion and independence
- Maintains process documentation on all procedures
- Evaluates vendor performance for preferred vendors
- Performs job functions at both the Buyer and Category Specialist job levels when applicable, to support the Procurement team
- Researches and provides recommendations to internal customers based upon analysis
- Recommends goals for strategic cost savings and process improvement initiatives
- Four year completed degree or applicable work experience
- Experience managing high-level contract details, including negotiation throughout the process (Demonstrating skills to achieve organizational savings)
- Knowledge of supplier market as you will review competitive vendors, evaluate performance, bid, and purchase
- Ability to continually strategize opportunities for improvements/recommendations for the business area supported
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office program(s) that primarily include Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
- You must be able to utilize the V-Look Up feature, Merge Files, and utilize Pivot tables within Excel
- You must be able to transfer data from Excel into a PowerPoint document and present data to key stakeholders
- Candidate selected must be available to work a hybrid schedule (Five days in-office, monthly) Please discuss with your recruiter
- Experience working in a Computer Technology Services Asset Management, Supply Chain, or Logistics position
- Procurement related degree or applicable designations/certifications
- Procurement work experience
- Procurement software knowledge
The preceding job posting was designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
American National's recruitment policies help us place individuals in a timely and efficient manner. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted by our recruiting team. Candidates may check the status of their application(s) by logging into our Career Portal.
American National is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.