Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$111,700.00 - $184,300.00
What Is the Opportunity?The position is a key leader who will be helping to transform the organization through understanding our employees and their needs related to targeted jobs to be done. This position will work closely with multiple teams focused on one or more employee focused journeys and will oversee all employee listening. Responsibilities include leading foundational journey feedback and transactional programs. Responsibilities include designing listening programs through expertise in survey, data and analytic design, leading innovative research approaches to help develop future states and continuously keep a finger on the pulse for the employee lifecycle. This role does not have direct reports.
Note: This role may be based remotely within the US.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops holistic employee understanding across journey and transactional areas.
- Identifies, develops, prioritizes, tracks, and implements EX journey related listening.
- Manages the workflow from questionnaire and sampling design, programming, through reporting and insights.
- Develops and maintains key metrics and reporting for all journey related employee listening programs.
- Keeps abreast of key industry trends, research and recommended journey and agile best practices, KPIs and benchmarks.
- Partners closely with journey team members to build a culture of data-driven insights to ensure that the employee's voice and feedback is incorporated into decision-making and communications.
- Collaborates with journey team members to drive a better employee experience, including research on employee needs.
- Coaches and develops journey team members to be data-driven EX advocates.
- Partners with Closed Loop Lead to maintain feedback activation programs.
- Develops efficient programs and systems for managing all employee journey supported listening work for the Enterprise.
- Expertise in developing insights from VOE listening data to identify drivers and areas of focus.
- 6+ years of experience in Employee and/or Customer Experience, Consulting, Market Research or related field.
- Experience in both Quantitative and Qualitative research methodologies.
- Think strategically while executing programs that create results
- Interact effectively with others across functions and levels within the organization
- Leverage differences
- Build and maintain credibility with others
- Understand perspectives of different functional areas of the organization
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Solid understanding of statistical analyses for story creation.
- Understanding of how to interpret and manipulate large and disparate datasets in complex organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate listening and research concepts and implications to non-technical audiences.
- Experience developing and socializing highly effective KPI's and driver performance.
- Able to communicate business impact and consult with business partners on developing a strategy that is grounded in solid statistical findings.
- Ability to understand, create and tell a story using data.
- Minimum of 6 years working in customer experience related fields.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- College degree in related field, or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience in customer and/or market research.
- Experience in customer-focused field, with demonstrated business impact.
- Experience managing projects.
- Knowledge of Insurance and/or Financial Services industry.
- Knowledge of processes of business functions supported.
- Staff management experience may be required.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Advanced to Expert computer Skills in Excel, data visualization and statistical programs (Preferred: Data Visualization tools like QlikView, Statistical packages like SPSS or SAS).
- 6+ years of working successfully with Microsoft Office products and software/programming applications.
- Expert knowledge of Employee Research design techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of Text mining and unstructured data.
Additional Experience Preferred but not Required
- Bachelors+ degree is preferred.
- 3+ years of management experience preferred.
- HR experience preferred.
- Experience working in an agile methodology.
- Experience working on broad/business-wide projects or initiatives preferred.
- Thorough Knowledge: Possesses advanced knowledge of subject matter in order to solve unusual as well as common work problems and advise on technical matters and to serve as a resource to organization.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.