Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$85,700.00 - $141,400.00
What Is the Opportunity?Under the direction of the Sr. Director of Agency & Field Development / Agency Experience, the Director is responsible for developing and driving strategic initiatives to position our independent agents and PI Field Sales team for growth and sustainability in the changing industry environment. The Director is also responsible for the training, development and business consulting to all Field Sales employees and Independent Agents to help them understand, manage and profitably build their business. This job requires a broad knowledge of the Independent Agency Channel, agency operations and workflows, and Travelers business to effectively leverage our product/service offerings, identify opportunities and maximize financial results. This role also requires the ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships, influence business partners at all functions and levels in the agency, interpersonal versatility, and the ability to apply concepts of insurance strategies when consulting with agencies. This position will work with and/or lead a team of Agency & Field Development professionals that will help drive and support business initiatives and strategies.
What Will You Do?
- Consults with agencies to assess current agency operations, sales procedures, structure, opportunity for growth, etc. Aids and guidance in aligning an agency to be better suited for long term company growth. Takes advantage of extensive marketing and consultative skills to assist regional sales teams to influence agency behavior. Ownership in coordinating and conducting all agency and field development training to assist in better preparing the agents to market and sell company products. Involved in coaching and training agency managers on approach with agents in identifying growth opportunities. Works closely with all levels of management.
- Partners with PI Field Sales teams to assess current and future development needs to drive and support business objectives
- Develop innovative experiences that are dynamic, accessible, relevant and continuous
- Leads, drives, and executes all Agency & Field Development initiatives with an emphasis on developing new innovative offerings while maintaining and refreshing current suite of resources and capabilities
- Ability to clearly and effectively present ideas and information, both written and verbal, to internal and external business partners
- Collaborator of strategic development of resources, tools, and support for all field sales partners
- Strategic business partnerships (i.e. training and marketing) in the development and execution of all field and agent related training including, but not limited to, Field Sales University and the Travelers Agent Leadership Program
- Responsible for input, design, and maintenance of field sales onboarding and driving continuing education
- Project oversight and ownership for all agency / field development initiatives
- Ownership for the development, maintenance, and updating of all materials and resources available to field partners and agents
- Serve as an enterprise and consultative resource and subject matter expert on Agency and Field Sales effectiveness
- Periodic presenting on behalf of Travelers at Industry Association Events, Trade Publications and Key Agency Partner meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- College Degree in related field required. Advanced education preferred.
- Strong personal insurance business product knowledge and experience required.
- Candidates are preferred to have extensive experience working with Independent Agents at the Agency Manager level.
- The qualified individual will have strong insurance business line product knowledge and experience.
- Ability to travel up to approximately 80% of time (up to 50% of as potential overnight travel).
- Strong knowledge of agency operations and structure.
- Driven to succeed
- Fosters creativity and innovation
- Strong relationship management skills
- Financial acumen
- Change leadership skills
- Influencing/negotiation skills
- Strong Business savvy
- Results orientation
- Strong presentation skills
What is a Must Have?
- Minimum of five years' experience in insurance sales or relationship/account management required
- Experience building and presenting training materials and working directly with independent agents required
- Knowledge of agent channel operations and workflows required
- Extensive marketing, sales, and training skills which include proficiency in video, web design, and webinars and PPT
- preparation required
- High level of proficiency in developing presentations. Excellent written and communications skills required
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
- Work Schedule- Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility .
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.