Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$101,800.00 - $168,000.00
What Is the Opportunity?Are you an experienced product designer looking for an opportunity to create immediate value? Would you love to research, design, and test tools and processes that improve the world of work? Are you ready to lead innovation efforts, dive into user discovery activities, create experiments, and delivery a stream of improved capabilities for a workforce that's 30,000 strong? If you answered yes, we have a great opportunity for you.
We are seeking a Sr. Experience Design Lead for our Employee Experience workstream to lead the discovery and creation of high quality, high impact solutions that result in an inclusive, compelling, and effective experience for our employees. With support and strategic direction from Experience Design (XD) and Employee Experience (EX) leadership, you will collaborate with engineering, data and analytics, business, and other functions. You will help to set the vision and strategy for specific employee touchpoints and workflows and turn insights into actionable observations. You will define, test, and implement service and product solutions across channels. All while building your own skills and mentoring and coaching others. Our XD Leads are key contributors to the growth and advancement of the XD discipline, and you will help shape the approach to applying design in the employee space. You will be a strong advocate for human-centered design practices and build strong partnerships across teams and workstreams.
This position is a senior individual contributor role.
LOCATION NOTE - This role is available for remote workers or on-site in one of our office locations.
What Will You Do?
- Provide domain-specific expertise and experience design leadership for initiatives and activities, while supporting product and journey vision and strategy, identifying and mitigating risks, and informing decision-making for the organization.
- Communicate design direction and rationale, solicit feedback, and lead prioritization and application.
- Lead the research and design of solutions for products and services by defining, creating, and improving models, concepts, and design elements (e.g., experience goals, journey maps, information architecture, scenarios, personas, interactions, content, visuals, etc.) guided by established design objectives, principles, and standards.
- Identify, plan, and execute research and testing activities to gather user experience data, evaluate the usability of solutions, and determine the effectiveness of concepts; analyze, evaluate, describe, report results and recommendations to design stakeholders.
- Guide collaborative activities with various stakeholders (i.e., end users, other business and technology functions, and outside partners), integrating and advancing a human-centered focus that informs work through research-based insights and design exploration.
- Identify and influence the adoption of new and improved tools, methods, and processes.
- Guide and mentor other XD staff to support their advancement, lead and take part in team and practice development, grow leadership capacity, and help to attract high quality talent to the XD practice.
- If managing others, set performance goals, provide ongoing feedback, and conduct standard performance reviews.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Experience in a related field, such as HCI, VCD, Service Design, Anthropology, etc.
- Seven years of related experience.
- One year of leadership experience (formal management or other).
- Strong knowledge of most areas, along with proficiency in application of three or more:
- Design research
- Information architecture
- Interaction design
- Visual design
- Content design (strategy, writing, editing for interaction)
- Information design
- Service design
- Presentation and communication
- Collaboration and facilitation
- Design strategy
- Usability testing
- Data analysis
- Design systems
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in work experience.
- Six years of related experience.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.