Remote Licensed Customer Service Representative
The Remote Licensed Customer Service Representative provides timely, accurate and responsive information and service to policyholders and agents for a division of Personal Lines products, plans and programs. Independently solve problems relating to policies within scope and escalate others as appropriate. Identifies, analyzes, and owns customer policy needs to ensure high customer satisfaction, growth and retention of business.
Paid Training: Mandatory attendance is critical to your success and as such is required for the duration of training and performance will be continually assessed throughout. The paid training is Monday - Friday between 9am and 5:30pm EST (40 hours per week) for approximately 8 weeks.
After training and onboarding is completed, go-forward shifts will typically be between the hours of 1:30pm-10pm EST. One weekend day (Saturday or Sunday) will be required with an alternate day off mid-week. Shifts may be subject to change in the future based on business needs to a shift of 11:30am - 8pm EST.
When you start in the Customer Service Rep (CSR) role within the Customer Response Center (CRC), you may be aligned to our our Primary or Expanded Call Group, which can include some complex calls. . As time progresses and you gain experience, you will be expected to move into more complex call groups. As you progress through the different call groups, you will be eligible for promotional increases.
- Provides exceptional customer service by responding promptly to all inbound customer calls regarding personal lines policies, limited by line.
- Builds rapport with each customer.
- Listens to customers' requests and inquiries.
- Works to retain policyholders who inquire about canceling auto policies through open listening, negotiating, and policy review of customer issues.
- Escalates to appropriate team if necessary.
- Processes policyholder transactions accurately and within Customer Response Center established time standards.
- Interprets policy contracts to insured based on expert knowledge of personal lines auto products.
- Identifies, understands and interprets customer needs to implement resolutions and makes recommendations for coverage enhancements.
- Understands aspects of billing systems as it pertains to policy coverage.
- Identifies and communicates transactions and impact to policy premium.
- Evaluates and makes decisions regarding exceptions to payment plan and fees.
- Makes alternate payment arrangements with customers and interacts with billing system to reflect arrangements.
- Places policy in follow-up and ensures adherence to arrangements specified.
- Manages and utilizes time effectively to ensure department meets required service levels for improved customer satisfaction results.
- Proficiently utilizes on-line reference materials relating to auto policies to provide confident, accurate, and efficient.
- Develops and maintains product, procedural and technical systems knowledge. Completes licensing and continuing education requirements.
- Actively participates and leads LMS initiatives within the scope of the role.
- Looks for opportunities to improve processes within team or department through root cause problem solving.
- Provides leadership, coaching and technical/procedural knowledge to service representatives relating to personal lines auto policies.
- Participate in training of new service representatives through job shadowing, work review, and coaching and feedback.
- Utilizes technical systems, effectively and efficiently, including desktop, call center specific phone systems and the internet.
- Supports and participates in office or department programs and contests.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years of insurance experience.
- Personal Lines producer insurance licenses required.
- Associates degree preferred.
- Ability to review, record and organize written data from a variety of sources with no prescribed format is essential.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.