Customer Service Representative II (Texas/Remote Option)
American National is an established, stable, and successful multi-line insurance corporation that has provided financial strength and a sense of security to employees, customers and business partners since 1905. We've been recognized by Forbes as one of America's most trustworthy financial companies and best mid-sized employers. With focus on our organization's values and cultural richness: Financial Strength, Integrity, Respect, Service and Teamwork (FIRST) and Agility, Collaboration, and Engagement (ACE) we continue to pursue our vision to be a leading provider of financial products and services for current and future generations.
What's in it for you?
American National supports a comfortable, diverse, and inclusive work environment, following a casual dress code and focus on healthy work-life balance. We understand that comprehensive benefits are important which is why we offer a generous package that includes: medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, matching 401(k), paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, health-wellness initiatives, and a volunteer program where employees are provided PTO for giving their time to a charity of choice, and referral bonuses! We also offer a comprehensive wellness program that includes onsite fitness centers and classes or discounted gym memberships, free health screenings, free flu shots, and more.Customer Service Representative II
American National is seeking a Customer Service Representative II.
• Onsite, Hybrid, and Remote work scheduling options
• You enjoy customer service that is not sales driven
• You are seeking a career that offers development opportunities and defined job progression
• Strong training program
• Comprehensive benefits, that include a generous paid time off package
• Fitness and educational support
• Casual dress code
How you will make an impact
• Support immediate requests of all incoming phone calls by accepting payments, confirming basic policy information, and managing account and/or policy detail changes; Striving to meet first call resolution
• Provide accurate, valid, and complete information to authorized parties-Including policy information, interpretation, coverages, products (Validating caller identification and authority)
• Receive incoming applications from clients or field associates, completing process
• Notify underwriting department of changes to risk
• Review and post premium payments
• Become an expert in programs utilized to disseminate policy status, policy data, and inquiries
• Review, create, and modify payment plans-Including the set-up of auto-draft from clients' bank accounts, billing premiums to the insured or mortgagee (May also review premium payment application and issue refunds)
• Identify funds needed for lapsed payment policies for reinstatement (Guarantee appropriate approvals are obtained, forms are signed, required paperwork is completed/received, and process payments according to guidelines)
• Assist with projects assigned
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Work experience in call center and/or customer focused positions (Insurance, Banking, Finance, Retail, Food service)
• Bi-lingual skills
• Positive phone disposition, with the ability to maintain confidence when communicating resolution to clients
• Strong cognitive and multi-task skills
• Ability to learn/retain information quickly
• Interpersonal skills, able to work effectively in a team focused environment
• High attention to detail and follow-up
• Passion to provide the highest quality of customer service to clients, possessing pride when managing ownership of phone calls from start-finish
• Aptitude to navigate various computer programs simultaneously (Microsoft Office applications and internal systems)
• Commitment to ongoing education in relation to the company and products/services offered
Salary for this position can range from $33,986 for candidates who are minimally qualified through $43,333 for more highly qualified candidates. Candidates outside of the range are encouraged to apply, and will be considered based on experience, skill, and education.
Salary for this position can range from $34,666 for candidates who are minimally qualified through $51,999 for more highly qualified candidates. Candidates outside of the range are encouraged to apply, and will be considered based on experience, skill and education.
The preceding job posting was designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
American National's recruitment policies help us place individuals in a timely and efficient manner. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted by our recruiting team. Candidates may check the status of their application(s) by logging into our Career Portal.
American National is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.