Territory Manager for Tennessee and Mississippi
SOUTH & WESTERN GENERAL AGENCY, INC. has been in business since 1974 and is one of the premier property and casualty Managing General Agencies in the Southwest and Mid-South. We offer a pleasant working environment that challenges those seeking further career advancement. Our base salary and bonus plan reward a motivated, goal-oriented, self-starter salesperson. All insurance companies represented by South & Western are well known and financially responsible.
Our business segments consist of Specialty Personal Lines, Farm & Ranch, Specialty Commercial P & C and Commercial Transportation and are only distributed through retail independent agents.
- Our product offering for Specialty Personal Lines includes manufactured housing, motorcycle, unsupported personal umbrella, watercraft, collector car, renters, dwelling fire including large schedules and homeowners.
- South & Western is a large writer of Farm & Ranch business with growth opportunity in this territory.
- Our Commercial Lines divisions offer many specialty classes with emphasis placed on long haul trucking, public auto, and garage liability classes. A broad offering of excess and surplus lines with emphasis on general liability and property is also a core focus.
- Several of our markets are exclusive to South & Western.
- We are a technology focused company with an ease of doing business philosophy towards our retail independent agents. Many of our products are delivered on-line with rating and policy issuance functionality.
We are seeking a Territory Manager for Tennessee and Mississippi. The candidate must live in the territory and will based out of their home, with the preferred location of Nashville or Central Tennessee. The job entails managing existing agency appointments and prospecting for new. This position requires a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years property and casualty experience. A background in selling property and casualty products to independent agents is a plus. A minimum of 50% overnight travel required. A company car with no personal restrictions, laptop, and cell phone are provided.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Identify prospective agents for agency appointments.
- Develop strong relationships with agents to increase production and profitability; keep agents informed of product enhancements and changes; and introduce new products.
- Provide agency training for company on-line systems, products, and procedures.
- Manage agency performance to achieve mutually agreed upon goals.
- Keep abreast of competitor products and information.
- Identify and communicate market or product opportunities.
- Participate in industry events and tradeshows.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, planning, and organizational skills.
- A high level of computer proficiency including Microsoft Word, Excel, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), and other software packages a must.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
South & Western is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive base salary in addition to a lucrative bonus plan. All expenses are paid. Our benefits package is comprehensive and includes health, dental, vision, disability, 401k with match, stock purchase plan and discretionary time off.