Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$57,100.00 - $94,200.00
What Is the Opportunity?Don't miss an opportunity to join the International Finance team in a role that collaborates with each of Travelers' International geographies - Canada, the UK, Ireland, and Lloyd's, as well as our JV operations in Brazil. This role is accountable for data and analysis that will bring competitive perspective to Travelers International and help find growth opportunities. There are opportunities to work with both Domestic and International leadership across all three segments (PI, BI, BSI), and with numerous functional areas (underwriting, product, actuarial, claim).
What Will You Do?
- Prepare, evaluate and validate moderately complex internal and/or external financial and operational reports, both routine and ad-hoc.
- Perform analysis and interpretation of trends and variances in business performance, interacting with cross functional peers on limited basis. Validate analyses.
- Identify and use appropriate tools to obtain and compile moderate to complex data necessary to support advanced financial reports and analysis.
- Synthesize and present exhibits, results, observations, recommendations to direct manager, team members and/or cross functional peers.
- Complete moderately complex financial activities for various lines of business including journal entries and account reconciliations implementing necessary corrections.
- Complete moderately complex components of external financial statements including, but not limited to GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles), SEC and SAP (Statutory Accounting Principles).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Ability to synthesize (download, process, analyze) data from internal and external sources, and provide viewpoints and recommendations based on that analysis. Knowledge of internal data systems (e.g., TM1) desired; knowledge of external data sources (e.g., MSA in Canada) a plus.
- Experience taking complex concepts in a data format (e.g., Excel) to a presentation format (PowerPoint). Presentations can be provided to all of International leadership, and the quality should be commensurate.
- Ability to prioritize assignments with moderate oversight, and to operate with tight turnaround times.
- Some experience presenting material to a group of internal employees. Ability to go beyond the data points and explain the 'why/how', not just the 'what'.
- Intermediate knowledge of financial concepts. Should, at minimum, be able to understand and analyze a balance sheet and income statement.
- Working knowledge of the insurance business. Knowledge of Lloyd's, actuarial concepts (e.g., how to read a development triangle) and reinsurance (e.g., quota share vs. excess of loss) concepts a plus.
- Intermediate knowledge of all Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel). Strong knowledge of Excel is desired with experience using complex formulas and large data sets.
- Knowledge of Qlikview a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, actuarial, or statistics preferred.
What is a Must Have?
- Minimum of 1 year of related experience.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.