Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$74,200.00 - $122,500.00
What Is the Opportunity?The Information Delivery Senior Consultant - Geospatial is a geospatial development resource that analyzes data across multiple sources, assembles data for delivery, and develops components of Business Intelligence applications. This position works within a project team to deliver innovative solutions and will have experience with geospatial capabilities, intermediate technical skills, and working knowledge of data concepts.
This position may be based 100% remotely or in one of our offices.
What Will You Do?
- Contributes to solution design within assigned tasks and validates that developed solutions align with defined business requirements.
- Analyze data sets using data and visualization tools.
- Compile and verify data utilized for periodic scheduled reporting
- Develop an understanding of all data contained within multiple data marts and source systems
- Complete root cause defect analysis of monthly delivery process.
- Independently translates business requirements into technical requirements for enhancements and info delivery solutions
- Utilize a rapid prototyping methodology to perform moderate ad-hoc analysis to find solutions to business inquiries
- Perform consistent data analysis monitoring to provide prescriptive recommendations regarding data sparsity and quality.
- Creates geospatial visualizations to meet business requirements, including but not limited to individual maps and geospatial applications
- Operationalize and automates moderately complex data products independently.
- Independently develops and enhances analytic reports, scorecards and dashboards. Provides support for the implementation.
- Applies data derivations and business transformation rules based on data requirements.
- Provides recommendations of key performance indicators.
- Provides guidance to less experienced peers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Intermediate knowledge of data and visualization tools (examples but not limited to):
- Visualization Platforms: ESRI suite
- Database Platforms: SQL Server (SSIS, SSRS), Teradata, AWS.
- MS Office Suite with advanced knowledge of Excel.
- 5 years of relevant Business Intelligence & Analytics experience required
- Ability to communicate thoughts/designs/ideas in an unambiguous manner and adjusts communication based on audience.
- Ability to create geospatial visualizations and analyze spatial data to answer business questions
- Exhibits active and effective communication skills with team members - including active listening and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Effectively contributes and communicates with the immediate team.
Problem Solving & Decision Making:
- Able to recognize and analyze business and data issues of intermediate complexity with minimal supervision.
- Recognize when escalation is necessary.
- Able to leverage previous experience to consider a variety of alternatives to arrive at a timely, practical, and effective solution to resolve business problems.
- Ability to foster relationships with peers to achieve objectives.
- Practices objectivity and openness to others' views.
- Able to recognize and support team priorities.
- Works with other areas to achieve project/department or division goals.
- Planning and Project Management:
- Able to manage time and competing priorities
- Provides manager with accurate and timely status information.
- Able to accurately evaluate and estimate tasks.
- Business Intelligence certification preferred.
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelors Degree in Information Systems, Geography, GIS, or other quantitative degrees.
- 3 years of relevant data and analytics experience required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.