Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$65,500.00 - $108,100.00
What Is the Opportunity?This position is a highly visible role supporting Digital Enablement, Enterprise Data & Analytics and Enterprise Architecture & Emerging Technology in Financial Planning & Analysis and Strategic Initiatives. This role assists in forecasting, Multi-Year and Annual Plan, resource planning, strategic initiatives and other ad-hoc projects in support of three CIOs. The ideal candidate will have strong critical thinking and analysis skills, ability to prioritize competing projects and advanced communication and interpersonal skills.
What Will You Do?
- Assist in monthly expense and resource forecasting.
- Support Multi-Year and Annual Plan submissions and initiatives with Finance and Strategic Planning & Programs partners.
- Assist in tracking and reporting Strategic Initiatives across Technology.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis to support business decisions (ex. 3rd Party Data reporting).
- Identify and use appropriate tools to obtain, compile and analyze more complex data necessary to support more advanced financial reports and analysis.
- Prepare complex and review routine financial activities for various lines of business including journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Synthesize and present exhibits, results, observations, recommendations to direct manager, team members and/or cross functional peers.
- Other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting preferred.
- Typically 3-4 years of related experience.
- General knowledge of Financial Analysis concepts and processes.
- General Knowledge: Possesses sufficient knowledge to perform most work in normal situations.
- General knowledge of the insurance business.
- Intermediate analytic skills.
- General knowledge of accounting practices and principles.
- Intermediate data utilization skills to access and gather data, including a basic understanding of what the data represents.
- Intermediate written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate time management/ prioritization skills.
- Intermediate ability to solve problems and suggest solutions to problems.
- Takes responsibility for decisions and actions.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Intermediate project management skills.
- Ability to identify customers needs and take appropriate action to meet those needs.
- Ability to work well in tight timeframes and deadlines.
- Intermediate skill/competency level: demonstrates solid knowledge and ability; can apply the competency with minimal or no guidance, in the full range of typical situations. Requires guidance handling novel or more complex situations.
What is a Must Have?
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.