Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$80,500.00 - $132,800.00
What Is the Opportunity?Exciting opportunities in Risk Control for a professional Risk Control Consultant to join our growing team. Travelers is looking for a professional Risk Control Consultant to provide underwriting risk assessment and consultative Risk Control services as it relates to hazards, controls, and management. They will need to evaluate how a company identifies and manages their inherent risk factors. Additionally they are expected to differentiate the account from others in similar classes of business. We are looking for candidates with expertise in areas such as Commercial, Construction, Boiler & Machinery and/or all lines. This role reports to the Risk Control Field Director or Managing Risk Control Consultant. Based on your experience, Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting. NOTE: This position is for the Texas area. Relocation assistance will be considered.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Partner and have joint ownership with Underwriting to select, retain, and grow a profitable book of business.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with Underwriting, Claim, Risk Control Specialists, and Brokers to service customers as a unified team.
- Complete all lines risk assessment evaluations for multiple/diverse businesses with moderate to high complexity such as manufacturing, large warehouse operations including challenging property, products liability exposures with potential for severe losses, multi-location companies, and larger fleet exposures and generally business with significant exposures.
- Write technically detailed reports that communicate a clear assessment of risk and effectively articulate recommendations.
- Discover and evaluate customer needs through loss analysis and customer readiness in order to provide Risk Control products and services to help control losses.
- Identify uncontrolled exposures to influence the customer to make improvements and take corrective actions to mitigate the potential for loss.
- Provide solutions to assist the customer in risk mitigation through the use of our extensive span of resources. Stays current with technical subject matters, regulatory environment and emerging issues.
- Stays current with technical subject matters, regulatory environment and emerging issues.
- Create a valued customer experience through each assessment and service encounter.
- 5 years of experience in safety, risk control, or related fields in industries such as construction, manufacturing, or military
- Valid drivers license
- Must have or be able to attain appropriate certification to meet specific state requirements where applicable.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in environmental health and safety, engineering, construction management, basic sciences and related technical fields
- Strong level knowledge of insurance industry and business acumen
- Graduate degree in related field.
- Recognized relevant certifications (such as ASP, CSP, ARM).
- Technical aptitude, detail oriented.
- Superior communication skills - both written and verbal
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and rapport with all others
- Experience working in a collaborative environment
- Critical thinking skills.
- Influencing skills that effectively drive business needs.
- Negotiating change to achieve optimal outcomes
- Ability to give and receive coaching and feedback
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Climb ladders and stairs and transition to access building roof areas and multi-story buildings. (Frequently)
- Driving (Daily)
- Walking on surfaces that are uneven, wet, icy, and somewhat unstable. (Frequently)
- Climbing unprotected heights (ladder, rooftop, stairs, loading dock) (Frequently)
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.