Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$73,400.00 - $121,000.00
What Is the Opportunity?Global Insurance provides tailored insurance solutions for companies based in the United States that do business abroad. Coverage offerings include Property, General Liability, Foreign Voluntary Workers' Compensation, and more.
The Account Executive / Underwriter, Global will partner with agents and brokers to provide coverage for new and renewal business based on customers' needs.
As an Account Executive / Underwriter you are decisive, detail-oriented, and know how to build relationships internally and externally to drive results. Your ability to assess risk and sell our products will contribute to the profitability and success of Travelers
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility. #LI-Hybrid
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the profitability, growth, and retention of an assigned book of business.
- Underwrite and skillfully negotiate customer accounts to minimize risk and maximize profitability.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with internal partners within the business unit and across the enterprise to create sales plans and identify cross-selling opportunities.
- Foster and maintain relationships with external partners by regularly meeting in person with agents and brokers to market and sell Travelers products with a goal of writing and retaining accounts consistent with our risk appetite. Must be able to travel to such meetings.
- Identify and capture new business opportunities using consultative marketing and sales skills.
- Develop and execute agency sales plans. Execute region/group sales plans.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 2 years of Property & Casualty underwriting experience required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- International underwriting experience with an understanding and proficiency of Controlled Master Programs preferred.
- Typically has 3-5 years of relevant Account Executive experience.
- Understands the local insurance marketplace, industry business operations, critical issues and financial drivers that affect the region and local office.
- Continuously seeks out market insight and uses acquired knowledge to assist less experienced employees.
- Understands organizational and regulatory rules, policies and procedures and effectively employs that knowledge in day-to-day work activities.
- Uses acquired skills and knowledge to assist less experienced employees.
Licensing or Certificates
- Valid drivers license or alternate means of personal transportation.
- CPCU designation preferred in some lines of business.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Uses knowledge of internal and external factors impacting the property & casualty industry to make decisions
Analytical Thinking/Financial Acumen:
- Identifies current or future problems or opportunities, analyzes, synthesizes and compares information to understand issues, identifies cause/effect relationships and explores alternative solutions to support sound decision making.
- Understands and uses financial information, tools and expense management principles to accomplish day-to-day work and maximize profitability.
- Seeks out, builds, fosters and maintains productive relationships, networks or alliances to meet goals and achieve results.
- To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit.
- All employees are eligible for performance-based cash awards, either through Travelers annual bonus program or through the Reward and Recognition (R&R) program.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.