Assistant Vice President, Real Estate Investments
3 days left
- Career Level
- Not Specified
American National is an established, stable, and successful multi-line insurance corporation that has provided financial strength and a sense of security to employees, customers and business partners since 1905. We've been recognized by Forbes as one of America's most trustworthy financial companies and best mid-sized employers. With focus on our organization's values and cultural richness: Financial Strength, Integrity, Respect, Service and Teamwork (FIRST) and Agility, Collaboration, and Engagement (ACE) we continue to pursue our vision to be a leading provider of financial products and services for current and future generations.
What's in it for you?
American National supports a comfortable, diverse, and inclusive work environment, following a casual dress code and focus on healthy work-life balance. We understand that comprehensive benefits are important which is why we offer a generous package that includes: medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, matching 401(k), paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, health-wellness initiatives, and a volunteer program where employees are provided PTO for giving their time to a charity of choice, and referral bonuses! We also offer a comprehensive wellness program that includes onsite fitness centers and classes or discounted gym memberships, free health screenings, free flu shots, and more.
How you will make an impact
American National is seeking an Assistant Vice President of Real Estate Investments. This position exists to effectively manage, administer, and account for the real estate investments of the enterprise.
- Locates buyers for, recommends and closes sales of, and negotiates leases for company property (Includes financing, documentation)
- Locates listing brokers and/or buyers for identified properties
- Manages the closing sales of properties, including all aspects of documentation, financing, and analysis.
- Oversees investment real estate, property renovation/construction, working with architects, and general contractors, and the review of financial aspects and payments based on approved budgets
- Analyzes the reports/financials and all aspects of a property for committee review and approval
- Oversees the leasing and management on all properties under supervision
- Administers mortgage loan closings for a limited number of transactions, reviewing all documents to ensure compliance with the loan commitment
- Develops long-term relationships, creditability, and integrity
- Prepares and presents investment recommendations to executive management, the Real Estate and Mortgage Loan committee, and the Finance Committee
- Assists in the ongoing “valuation” project for owned and joint venture real estate
- Reviews and evaluates leases and real estate contracts
- Determines the best time to sell assets
- Seeks out new partners for joint venture projects and negotiates the appropriate terms of those development deals
- Determines if an investment is best suited for third-party financing or bringing the financing in house
- Reviews and analyzes the offering memorandum and investment materials for new real estate private equity and real estate debt fund opportunities to the appropriate investment committees of American National
- Monitors and provides updates regarding the performance of current fund holdings to the leadership team of Mortgage Loan and Real Estate and to the Finance Committee of American National
- Reviews and approves capital calls and distributions from all real estate funds
- Maintains relationships with investor relations and fundraising teams of all current and potential fund partners
- Four year completed degree
- Ten years + relevant work experience
- Preferably with a life insurance company, real estate broker, and/or an insurance broker
- (Additional experience testifying in court and/or providing testimony in the form of a deposition would be highly preferred)
- Possess a powerful combination of both “people” and “analytical” skills to effectively lease, manage, purchase, and sell assets and properly maintain a successful portfolio
- Required to understand complex issues dealing with construction costs, commercial real estate closing costs and relative returns on enterprise assets, including joint venture investments
- The incumbent must interact with management firms, tenants, brokers, appraisers, engineers, attorneys, and other professionals
- Deal firmly in negotiations while maintaining good business relationships that will promote future business for the company
- Ability to give presentations regarding investment opportunities to the Mortgage and Real Estate Investment Committee and to the Finance Committee
- Understand not only the real estate market conditions, but also the finance side of the business and their interrelationships
- Understand and negotiate complex loan documentation as well as negotiate with our joint venture partners
- Familiar with market conditions, able to perceptively analyze, and be capable of explaining analysis to both the tenant and the committee
- Adapt to and learn to operate in each market while handling property nationwide
- Ability to work on-campus, required
- Ability to travel, required
The preceding job posting was designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
American National's recruitment policies help us place individuals in a timely and efficient manner. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted by our recruiting team. Candidates may check the status of their application(s) by logging into our Career Portal.
American National is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.