Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$55,400.00 - $91,300.00
What Is the Opportunity?We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic team player to join our Strategic Resolution Group Claim team. As an Assistant Account Executive, you will help navigate complex toxic tort, latent injury, and/or environmental claims. With moderate supervision, you will handle claims with small to moderate exposure and complexity with the goal of developing strategies to ensure that claims are successfully resolved in the most efficient and effective way while meeting established protocols and delivering optimal customer service. You will collaborate across teams and may work one-on-one with an assigned mentor as well as your team supervisor. In this role, you will further develop your understanding and handling of liability claims in a variety of jurisdictions. In an ever-changing litigation landscape, you will further develop and an understanding of applicable law in multiple jurisdictions to facilitate the handling of your assigned claims and accounts.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility. #LI-Hybrid
What Will You Do?
- In the handling of small to mostly moderate exposure claims, your responsibilities may include:
- Coverage Research and Analysis - Responsible for researching the existence of policies that may have been issued by multiple legacy companies and analyzing coverage. Apply knowledge of relevant legal concepts in applicable jurisdictions. In consultation with supervisor, prepare coverage position and present recommendations and to management or coverage committee. Communicate coverage positions to policyholders or their representatives.
- Liability Investigation and Analysis - Conduct thorough investigation and analysis of claim facts to determine liability. Acquire and apply knowledge of relevant legal concepts in jurisdiction to evaluate damages and, in consultation with supervisor, develop recommendation for appropriate course of action.
- Litigation Management - In consultation with supervisor, develop and execute a strategic file management plan, including as appropriate: research and recommendation of counsel; litigation and resolution strategies; management of loss adjustment expenses; engagement of appropriate experts; and the use of proper settlement and release terms. Attend meetings with counsel, settlement conferences and mediations.
- Account Management - Develop and apply knowledge and understanding of assigned accounts. Maintain effective working relationships with other account contacts. Ensure claims and settlement agreements are handled in a consistent manner. Provide customer service to internal and external clients. Responsible for regular communication and reporting to coordinate / align actions on assigned accounts.
- Financial Analysis - Estimate financial exposures on an individual claim and account basis. Develop budgets and financial analyses in consultation with supervisor and maintain appropriate defense and indemnity estimates. File Maintenance and Administrative Compliance - Maintain well-documented and organized claim files. Develop and maintain proficiency with SRG claim systems and databases. Adhere to applicable requirements for data accuracy. Efficiently manage file inventory.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of experience in claim, legal, insurance or environmental fields.
- Job specific or technical competencies:
- Analytical Thinking
- Judgment & Decision-Making
- Customer Focus
- Relationship Management
- Business Perspective
- Knowledge of Regulatory and Claim Environments
- Planning & Organizing
- Application of Departmental Practices and Procedures
What is a Must Have?
- HS Diploma or GED
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in claim, legal, insurance or environmental fields or satisfactory completion of 6-12month SRG claim training program.
- In order to perform the essential functions of this job, acquisition and maintenance of Insurance License(s) may be required to comply with state and Travelers requirements. Generally, license(s) must be obtained within six months of starting the job.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.