Sales Consultant - Commercial Lines
Webber and Grinnell Insurance, an Alera Group Company is seeking a Sales Consultant to join their Property and Casualty team.
Are you looking to be part of a company where you have exciting opportunities to learn, grow and make a positive impact? Join a team where each employee is empowered to listen generously, speak straight, collaborate, and build each other up through mutual accountability and shared success?
If that is what you're looking for, this is your chance to be part of an amazing organization!
Webber & Grinnell Insurance is a client-focused, independent insurance agency. For over 150 years, we have provided insurance protection for thousands of individuals and businesses throughout New England through two office locations—Northampton, MA and Holyoke, MA. Due to the stability, professionalism, and competitiveness of our staff, we are one of the largest agencies in Western Massachusetts.
As a Sales Consultant, you will identify and cultivate new prospects from relationships, events throughout the year, strategic partners, as well as direct calls and social media prospecting efforts.Responsibilities
- Use effective business strategies to create and execute a business development plan for new business that enables the organization to meet financial goals and objectives.
- Identify and cultivate new prospects through network relationships, strategic partners, and industry events and through direct prospecting efforts.
- Understand the business and competitive landscape. Identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions to complex problems, conclusions, or approaches to problems and what options may be most appropriate to meet a prospect's needs.
- Identify centers of influence that can assist with developing leads or with making inroads to potential clients.
- Develop relationships and perform analysis with prospective clients to understand their organization, key decision makers, and business needs.
- Meet sales goals and retain relationships with key stakeholders after prospects become clients with an eye toward cross-sell and round-out opportunities.
- Understand principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, and sales techniques..
- Select or assist customers in selecting products based on customer needs, product specifications, and applicable regulations.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 Years Prior Professional Experience as a Sales Consultant working with customers with a successful track record of new business and providing an exceptional experience.
- Effectively communicate and build rapport in person and by phone.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for presenting, promoting, and selling products or services.
- Knowledge of general business principles, strategic planning, resource allocation, profit/loss requirements, organizational structures, and operational needs.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Requires travel to networking, prospect, and client locations.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you're a California resident, please read the California Consumer Privacy Act prior to applying.