CorVel is looking for an Account Manager to provide customer services for one or more new or established accounts. Responsible for interacting with customers on an executive level and understanding and communicating agreed upon expectations to field offices and increasing the market share of business by providing excellent service, commitment to the customer, and introducing additional services.
Account Managers provides customer services for one or more new or established accounts. Responsible for interacting with customers on an executive level and understanding and communicating agreed upon expectations to field offices and increasing the market share of business by providing excellent service, commitment to the customer, and introducing additional services.
A candidate in this position has the option to work from home, but will need to be local to the general Portland, OR area.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Account Manager is responsible for:
- Revenue growth within existing accounts
- Introducing new CorVel services either independently or with assistance as needed
- Handles local or regional accounts
- Handles a book of business up to $6m in revenue
- Client Stewardship- Responsible for conducting regular stewardship meetings and overseeing the integrity and delivery of client specific reports and information. Must perform in a consultative role identifying trends and providing CorVel solutions to market and business challenges.
- Client Retention - Maintain continuous communication with customer(s) to ensure that all service expectations are identified and maintained. Communicate and engage senior management in account status, challenges, and goals. Every national account and large account will have an RVP assigned as a senior operations representative to the account.
- Surface issues or potential issues to appropriate members of the management and executive team proactively to remedy immediate concerns before they become issues.
- Facilitate and coordinate internal customer set-up and external implementation.
- Coordinate and attend customer meetings. Ensure appropriate CorVel participants are engaged.
- Present information to assigned customers in an organized and persuasive fashion for contract renewals, service issue discussions, or additional product sales.
- Manage contract renewals/price increases; coordinate with the AE and/or management team as appropriate.
- Accounts Receivable - Responsible for all aspects of collections in conjunction with the respective operations management.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Reliable professional with the ability to achieve a balance between customer orientation and a results-driven approach.
- Business acumen, coupled with enthusiasm and decorum.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills and ability to build relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to customer service.
- Able to work collaboratively and independently.
- Highly developed organizational abilities as well as analytical and time management skill.
- Advanced Excel proficiency along with a strong understanding of data and statistics.
- 3-5 years of experience within the insurance industry, managed care or related field preferred.
- Bachelor's degree, national certification or equivalent in business or sales and marketing.
CorVel, a certified Great Place to Work® Company, is a national provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publically traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 4,000 people working across the United States embrace our core values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!).
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.
CorVel is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.