Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$59,700.00 - $98,500.00
What Is the Opportunity?Responsible for successful planning and execution of regional strategies, distribution management, analytics, and marketing in support of Regional Enterprise Distribution Management objectives. Be a collaborative, effective member of the Regional Enterprise Distribution Management team.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- DISTRIBUTION MANAGEMENT - Assist in organization, analysis and generation of agency data to effect efficient management of relationships and opportunities:
- Knowledge of Distribution Management Information, including Field Management Reports and Agency Resources.
- Displays initiative by creating reports and providing analysis around Distribution Management objectives using MI tools.
- Follow Agency Administration Guideline on mergers and acquisitions, new appointments and distribution changes to improve enterprise success with new and existing agencies.
- Coordinate all support and communication aspects of Agency Compensation.
- REGIONAL INITIATIVES - Support Regional Director in successful execution of local and regional initiatives:
- Follow Best Practices for Distribution Leadership and Distribution Production meetings, including meeting logistics, preparation, report packages and knowledge of reporting tools.
- Maintain listing of actionable items, including follow-up on To Do Items.
- Ensure reporting tools are updated and extract reports as needed
- Assist the teams with effective agency planning.
- Lead, participate and / or provide input on Regional projects and take active role in Enterprise Distribution Management led meetings
- Facilitate effective communication channels across the region through creation and maintenance of regional information
- MARKETING - Create marketplace identity through planned communication and events:
- Create and manage Regional Calendar of Enterprise Distribution Management Events.
- Coordinate Regional Agency Events such as product fairs, trade shows, association and/or agency events.
- Oversee Regional Enterprise Distribution Management Marketing Budget.
- Support regional Enterprise Distribution Management communications as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of competitive market conditions.
- College degree or 2 plus years of insurance industry experience in agency or marketing discipline.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Preferred bachelors degree with a focus on marketing, finance or business.
- 3 plus years of insurance industry experience in agency or marketing discipline. Property and casualty experience preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with a variety of customers.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Solid skills in Microsoft suite of programs to include Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access
- Experience in managing complex data
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.