Supervisor, Annuity New Business
6 days left
- Career Level
- Not Specified
American National is an established, stable, and successful multi-line insurance corporation that has provided financial strength and a sense of security to employees, customers and business partners since 1905. We've been recognized by Forbes as one of America's most trustworthy financial companies and best mid-sized employers. With focus on our organization's values and cultural richness: Financial Strength, Integrity, Respect, Service and Teamwork (FIRST) and Agility, Collaboration, and Engagement (ACE) we continue to pursue our vision to be a leading provider of financial products and services for current and future generations.
What's in it for you?
American National supports a comfortable, diverse, and inclusive work environment, following a casual dress code and focus on healthy work-life balance. We understand that comprehensive benefits are important which is why we offer a generous package that includes: medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, matching 401(k), paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, health-wellness initiatives, and a volunteer program where employees are provided PTO for giving their time to a charity of choice, and referral bonuses! We also offer a comprehensive wellness program that includes onsite fitness centers and classes or discounted gym memberships, free health screenings, free flu shots, and more.
The Annuity New Business Supervisor provides supervision of the daily productivity of all new business transactions once an application is received. This includes the coding of new business, review of the annuity for requirements, and mailing of transfer paperwork. The incumbent will review daily backlog reports, assess resource needs, contribute to personnel onboarding, as well as training of employees. They will provide management with feedback on recommended procedure changes and evaluate performance as well as time and attendance.Essential Functions
- Reviews daily production reports to assess volumes by role and conducts morning meetings to establish goals and direction for the day
- Organizes, prioritizes and monitors workloads to ensure transactions are processed timely with low error rates
- Maintains proficiency and knowledge of the new business process by contributing to the team effort when necessary
- Ensures all team members understand their job duties and the expectations of their role
- Works with Internal Audit during reviews of the suitability standards to ensure adherence to company and state guidelines and with LIA compliance on quarterly audits that are performed to identify agent trends as well as case manager performance
- Collaborates with the staff and management on goals
- Engages employees on decisions and the direction of the department
- Performs midyear reviews and conducts one-on-one interviews about job performance
• Associate degree and minimum of three to five years in the annuity or insurance industry preferredPreferences/Certifications
• LOMA designation preferred or any annuity specific certifications such as the CAS (Certified Annuity Specialist)
The preceding job posting was designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
American National's recruitment policies help us place individuals in a timely and efficient manner. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted by our recruiting team. Candidates may check the status of their application(s) by logging into our Career Portal.
American National is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.