Emerging Distribution Leader (hybrid opportunity)
1 day left
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Summary: This position is responsible for development and expansion of non-traditional relationships (alternative distribution players, largely platform) to effectively grow in this channel. This position of influence will establish a targeted market approach, positioning sales and service, set up process/workflow, technology alignment, needed to differentiate and succeed in this segment of the market.
Reporting to the VP, Strategic Distribution, will work collectively to create short-term and long-term strategy to drive scale and development of this vertical. With a goal to move the organization to a more advanced position, work will contemplate a multi-year go to market strategy and roadmap to capitalize on both personal lines and commercial lines offerings. The EDL will have a deep understanding of partner platforms and how they align with our capabilities (product, technology, comparative rater, service). This leader will also manage critical feedback, both external and internal, making recommendations to improve efficiency, compensation structure, quote optimization, while supporting acceptable returns.
Working with a cross-functional team across multiple disciplines, will strive to hit specific business goals, target KPI's, and new business production. Span of control will encompass account management and close collaboration with innovation team, to fully optimize market opportunities.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Grow the Emerging Platform channel surgically, detailing breadth of market potential, prioritization of existing relationships and potential targets, contemplating technology needs/ alignment with our capabilities, to expand our footprint most effectively.
- Create an overarching project plan, finding resources needed to scale, and associated timeline with specific milestones. Conduct market analysis, making recommendations to leadership steering committee on strategy direction, vertical optimization, and progress.
- Create a target pipeline of Emerging Platform prospects, segmented according to potential for growth, technology alignment or build out needed, contemplating cost/ benefit needed. Prospect, quantify and appoint accordingly. Formulate proposals, substantiating the business case to continue with new relationships.
- Build internal relationships across multiple disciplines (PL & CL product/ underwriting, sales, service, operations, licensing, technology, finance, legal, marketing), to ensure unified strategy and achieve common business goals. Collaborate closely with inside sales team for onboarding, training, production support.
- Full account management at the national level, influencing external partners (senior executives and frontline staff), holding them accountable to business commitments. Possess strong knowledge of insurance products/ systems, sales, comparative raters, and business operations. Drive annual growth, in support of target profit/ retention goals for these relationships.
- Work closely with product management to set up quality metrics to ensure book performs within acceptable range. Monitor and manage to key performance indicators and established benchmarks. Report out results to internal and external stakeholders and implement improvement action as needed.
- Project strong relationship building and communication skills (both internal and external audience). Consult with state expansion team to ensure a thoughtful approach with Emerging Platform players to manage state exposure, concentration of business and disciplined expansion into new markets.
- Foster an understanding of comparative rater platforms (both PL & CL) and system integration capabilities. Prepare complex proposals (cost/ benefit analysis) to drive decision making on investments (resource/ risk/ technology).
- With steering from VP-Strategic Distribution, manage portfolio mix and compensation plans of assigned vertical to maximize growth and profitability with an enterprise risk management mindset.
- Participate in leadership planning meetings, executive briefings, other. Actively communicate to internal stakeholders and senior leadership on channel management, market movement and results.
- Embody a continuous improvement mindset, enabling structured problem solve discussions as needed.
Maintain a strong presence, engage internal stakeholders appropriately and capitalize on presentation opportunities at key partner events (primarily at the national level) and core industry events targeting this audience (Insurtech, Leadscon, ACT, other)
What You'll Bring To The Company:
- 15+ years property/casualty experience, Bachelor's or master's degree and industry certification(s) desired (CIC, CPCU, CLU)
- Experience working with Emerging Markets channel and associated operational management
- Extensive sales and operational management experience, structured problem solving and exceptional negotiation skills
- Strong knowledge of Emerging Distribution Market (opportunities, technology, call center models, third party solutions, competitors, key events)
- Proven record of success in market expansion and results-driven leadership
- Proficient in multi-line environment, able to navigate both Personal and Commercial Lines portfolios
- Highly collaborate, able to engage a broad cross-section of key stakeholders toward common goal
- Comfortable with data and analytics, trend analysis and strong planning/ project management skills
- Strong business communication, business proposal formation and presentation skills
- Experience with CRM sales platforms (Salesforce, other)
- Ability to travel is required and ideally hybrid candidate would be able to come to Columbus, OH office with plans for quarterly basis to monthly basis, based on needs/events.
Grange Insurance Company, with $3 billion in assets and more than $1.3 billion in annual revenue, is an insurance provider founded in 1935 and based in Columbus, Ohio. Through its network of independent agents, Grange offers auto, home, life and business insurance protection. Life insurance offered by Grange Life Insurance and Kansas City Life Insurance. Grange Insurance Company and its affiliates serve policyholders in Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia and Wisconsin. With partner Integrity Insurance based in Appleton, Wisconsin- the 13-state Grange Enterprise has nearly $3 billion in assets and more than $1.3 billion in annual revenue and holds an A.M. Best rating of “A” (Excellent).
Who We Are:
We are committed to an inclusive work environment where we welcome and value diversity and inclusion. We hire great talent from a wide variety of backgrounds, and our associates are our biggest strength. The diversity of our associates, their backgrounds, experiences, and individual differences are the foundation for our success. Our inclusive culture empowers all of us to “Be One Team”, “Deliver Excellence”, “Communicate Openly”, “Do the Right Thing”, and “Solve Creatively for Tomorrow”. We have active Associate Resource Groups and a Diversity and Inclusion Team, that focuses on professional development, networking, business value and community outreach; all which encourage and facilitate an environment that fosters learning, innovation, and growth. Together we use our individual experiences to learn from one another and grow as professionals and as humans.
We welcome the unique contributions that you bring from education, opinions, culture, beliefs, race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, sexual orientation, gender stereotyping, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, pregnancy, veteran status, and citizenship.
Grange Enterprise is proud to be part of the CEO Action for Diversity and Inclusion™, a national initiative of more than 1400 CEOs working for the advancement of diversity and inclusion within the workplace.