IT Support Engineer
1 day left
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Alera Group, Inc. is seeking an IT Support Engineer to join their team.
Are you looking to be part of a company where you have exciting opportunities to learn, grow and make a positive impact? Join a team where each employee is empowered to listen generously, speak straight, collaborate, and build each other up through mutual accountability and shared success?
If that is what you're looking for, this is your chance to be part of an amazing organization!Responsibilities
The IT Supprt Engineer has the primary responsibility of resolving all advanced helpdesk requests, assuming a leadership role as part of our project team, and onboarding newly acquired firms. Additional functions include evaluating and installing new hardware and software and traveling to local offices in the region as needed. In this role, successful candidates need to be organized, energetic, have a strong customer service personality, and be well versed and experienced in Windows environments including networking. Prior experience with large-scale, complex IT projects, and implementations. The candidate must be able to work well in a cohesive team and have the drive to grow in knowledge and responsibility.
- Provide resolution to advanced help desk requests by providing direct technical support to users via phone, email, and remote support.
- Administrate, monitor, and support Active Directory and Microsoft 365 environments.
- Resolve all client-side network and workstation issues.
- Lead or assist with onboarding of new company acquisitions and employees.
- Document all pertinent technical data, ticketing details, and end-user information.
- Work closely with network and systems administrators on advanced projects.
- Evaluate new technologies and provide feedback.
- Availability for on-call to respond to emergencies when needed.
- Travel to offices in the local area for any necessary onsite support or projects.
- 5+ years' experience in a Desktop Support, Help Desk, or Systems Engineering role.
- Possess a current certification such as MCP in Windows 7,8 or 10, Network+, Cisco CCENT/CCT, or Microsoft/Office365 related exams.
- Advanced Active Directory and Office365 admin experience, experience with PowerShell scripting a plus.
- Excellent desktop and client support skills.
- Network Server experience in a domain environment.
- Strong understanding of DNS, DHCP, switching, and other related network technologies.
- Salesforce and SharePoint support experience is a plus.
- Experience with a service desk system and RMM tools.
- Logical thinking and demonstrated exceptional problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Excellent organization and planning skills demonstrating the ability to effectively organize and manage multiple assigned tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to produce detailed documentation.
- Adapts to change and new processes in a fast-paced environment with enthusiasm.
- Must be comfortable working in a large, multi-role team environment.
- Able to work independently and see projects or issues through to completion.
- Possess a reliable means of transportation and the ability to lift 50lbs.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you're a California resident, please read the California Consumer Privacy Act prior to applying.