Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$54,000.00 - $89,100.00
What Is the Opportunity?Under moderate supervision, the Associate Inside Sales Executive is responsible for managing and developing a small or less complex sales territory. Achieving success will include: building and further developing sales acumen and as well as ways to optimize the growth potential of assignments; exceeding or meeting year over year growth and profit objectives; utilizing Travelers sales tools within a consultative sales framework; developing competitor intelligence; and supporting team members in the region, home office, and business center. Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility .on product, pricing, and agency management decisions.
What Will You Do?
- Responsible for management and profitable development of all small book of agency assignment.
- Accountable to build/maintain effective relationships with agents.
- Diagnoses agencies interests and ability to grow and motivates agents to succeed.
- Implements strategic marketing plans for territory to identify opportunities and potential challenges from which strategies and tactics are developed.
- Develops and executes bottom up Strategic Agency Management (SAM) Plans with consistent accuracy in meeting company objectives.
- Influencing the Sale:
- Assists with the development and executes sales and marketing initiatives to achieve growth and profitability objectives for assigned territory.
- Recommends a sales process that matches Travelers features, benefits, and solutions to agency needs.
- Influences agents to quote and sell Travelers to customers Insure that agency staffs are fully trained (products, automation for quoting and HQ in total).
- Agency Diagnostics:
- Assists and develop selected agents for reassignment to SE.
- Establishes rapport and provide a superior sales experience with prospective customers.
- Develops product, underwriting and sales knowledge to counsel and sell available Personal Insurance products.
- Stays current on all Travelers systems and product/pricing changes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- 2 years experience in Sales preferred.
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Property/Casualty Personal Insurance industry experience preferred, but not required.
- Experience with startup companies a plus.
- Solid knowledge of Personal Insurance products.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft office products with ability to manipulate data in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint quickly and accurately. Intermediate Knowledge and or ability to learn new programs quickly.
- Intermediate ability to multi-task within a high volume sales center environment.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills required.
- Advanced interpersonal skills to work effectively with internal and external customers.
- Strong Customer Service Skills to include problem resolution.
- Not Required.
What is a Must Have?
- 1 year experience in sales or sales support required.
- Prior experience in Call Center within Sales and/or Customer Service.
- Insurance knowledge required.
- Demonstrated skills in influencing others required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.