Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Finance and Accounting
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
$65,500.00 - $108,100.00
What Is the Opportunity?
As a member of the PI Distribution & Strategy Finance team, the Sr. Financial Consultant supports the five Personal Lines distribution channels.
This position works closely with Distribution Business Partners, Home Office and Field Sales regional leadership, and other finance partners to directly impact business outcomes. Key responsibilities include the building, preparation, and evaluation of Financial and Production Metrics, assistance with annual production and compensation planning, costs benefit analysis, and supporting cross-functional initiatives.
Financial reporting responsibilities include monthly coordinating, producing, and documenting complex production and financial reporting for all five PI business channels. These responsibilities require financial and business acumen, attention to detail and strong communication skills in order to present effectively to distribution leadership.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare, evaluate and validate complex internal and/or external financial and operational reports, both routine and ad-hoc.
- Perform analysis and interpretation of trends and variances in business performance, interacting with cross functional peers on a frequent basis. Validate analyses.
- Identify and use appropriate tools to obtain, compile and analyze more complex data necessary to support more advanced financial reports and analysis, and provide input on potential tool utilization enhancements.
- Assist in tactical production of financial and production planning components in support of the Business plan and forecast for the organization (annual, ongoing and long term).
- Synthesize and present exhibits, results, observations, recommendations to direct manager, team members and/or cross functional peers.
- Assist in tactical production of overall strategic plan, including the understanding of impact of competitor, market and industry landscape.
- Apply basic accounting and financial concepts and controls to provide input on the development, implementation or enhancement of financial, operations and business applications.
- Prepare complex and review routine financial activities for various lines of business including journal entries and account reconciliation.
- Perform financial controls in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting preferred.
- Typically 3-4 years of related experience.
- General knowledge of Financial Analysis concepts and processes.
- General Knowledge: Possesses sufficient knowledge to perform most work in normal situations.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- General knowledge of the insurance business.
- Intermediate analytic skills.
- General knowledge of accounting practices and principles.
- Intermediate data utilization skills to access and gather data, including a basic understanding of what the data represents.
- Intermediate written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate time management/ prioritization skills.
- Intermediate ability to solve problems and suggest solutions to problems.
- Takes responsibility for decisions and actions.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Intermediate project management skills.
- Ability to identify customers needs and take appropriate action to meet those needs.
- Ability to work well in tight timeframes and deadlines.
- Intermediate skill/competency level: demonstrates solid knowledge and ability; can apply the competency with minimal or no guidance, in the full range of typical situations. Requires guidance handling novel or more complex situations.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.