Senior Account Executive
Alera Group Texas is seeking a Sr. Account Executive to join their Employee Benefits Team!
Alera Group was formed on January 1, 2017 and is one of the largest independent, national insurance and financial services firms in the U.S. with over $1 billion in revenue. Alera Group is a very entrepreneurial firm bounded together via a culture of collaboration which is reinforced by the practice of The Collaborative Way.
Are you looking to be part of a company where you have exciting opportunities to learn, grow and make a positive impact? Join a team where each employee is empowered to listen generously, speak straight, collaborate, and build each other up through mutual accountability and shared success?
If that is what you're looking for, this is your chance to be part of an amazing organization!
The Senior Account Executive will be responsible for managing and servicing the client book for a Senior Partner within Alera Group while also assisting in the growth of this book of business. This person will have support from and lead additional service team members, both dedicated and shared, to assist in the delivery of reports and other service items clients may need. This individual must be able to prioritize objectives in an ever‐changing and fast‐paced environment and demonstrate advanced knowledge of the current healthcare/insurance industry and trends. Additionally, this individual should have a proactive servicing approach, superior organization skills, a strong sense of urgency in responding to client matters on time, and advanced problem‐solving skills. It is expected that this person will be available for regular face to‐face meetings internally as well as externally within a hybrid in‐person/remote work environment.
- Manage an assigned book of business while also assisting in the development of new relationships to grow the book of business.
- Collaborate with the assigned Producer to design, improve, and service employer‐sponsored benefit programs for mid‐market employers.
- Work with vendors, carriers, providers, and other partners to resolve escalated claims and other benefit/HR‐related issues.
- Leverage company resources as well as other external resources to benchmark employers' benefits programs and make recommendations to help them reach their goals.
- Manage the RFP process – assist in compiling data to be sent, review proposals for accuracy and competitiveness, and assist in negotiations.
- Ensure team prepares client utilization and renewal reports timely and reviews for accuracy.
- Oversee the communication and implementation of clients' programs.
- Maintain and continually increase knowledge about the details of benefit plans and programs, including but not limited to health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, worksite coverage, COBRA, FMLA, and other health and welfare initiatives.
- Remain current on legislative updates affecting the benefits function and assist clients in maintaining compliant practices and procedures.
- Oversee the proper utilization of the assigned team with the agency management systems.
- Assist with HRIS system-connections/enhancements and hold benefits vendors accountable for service level agreements and guarantees.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to ensure benefits and leave practices are up-to-date, and follow current best practices and state and federal law; respond to plan auditors.
- Contribute to the improvement of the benefits department's policies, procedures, and programs, including documentation and recordkeeping processes.
- Conduct client open enrollment meetings and answer questions regarding benefit coverage.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
- 8+ years of experience in employee benefits, preferably at a broker.
- Deep knowledge and expertise of Employee Benefits and Active Life and Health Insurance License.
- Ability to prepare and verify financial statements, various reports, and budgets.
- Demonstrated process improvements resulting in increased profitability and service delivery.
- An executive presence with polished and well-developed written and oral communication skills and experience with C‐suite level client interface.
- Collaborative, passionate, high integrity.
- Strong business acumen and analytical capabilities.
- Accomplished leader and developer of people.
- A continuous learner who can apply new learning in an ever‐evolving environment.
- Competitive Compensation depending on applicable experience
- Salary with additional variable compensation tied to performance
Perks & Benefits
- Generous employee benefits package with excellent programs to provide better care and health
to its members
- Leadership opportunity with autonomy
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you're a California resident, please read the California Consumer Privacy Act prior to applying.