Sales and Marketing Analyst
Ullico Inc. is actively recruiting a Sales and Marketing Analyst for our Silver Spring, MD office. This candidate will provide sales and marketing support for the Life & Health Group and Stop-Loss products for new product initiatives and sales and marketing opportunities. Support the development of business by: 1. Maintaining and updating the marketing database with critical contacts, including union leaders, clients, and prospects for the division and providing technical support and training to other database users across the country. 2. Develop knowledge and competency in the business products to support sales development activities. 3. Contact and/or support sales contacts with client base. 4. Support various marketing activities as needed in the region. May be responsible for marketing reporting and maintaining spreadsheets that include proposals, prospects, new sales, and terminations. May be asked to lead and/or facilitate internal meetings related to tasks and/or functions. May be asked to participate and/or facilitate in sales conference functions.
- Perform research and prepare reports in the area of sales, market activity and market competition.
- Support Client/Prospect tracking and reporting utilizing business tracking databases and appropriate resources.
- Maintain customer, prospect database and related company spreadsheets.
- Support sales activities through following up on contacts as needed.
- Serve as lead on various marketing related projects, which may include survey of clients / prospects on a regional basis.
- Utilizes software packages including Salesforce, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Adobe for completing projects and preparing materials.
- Works with Ullico Corporate Marketing on promotions related to L&H and specifically group and Stop Loss events.
- Supports management and leadership of product development on projects as needed.
- Provide support for Corporate Client Database system.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field and two years of marketing experience. Insurance industry knowledge and/or working with affinity group programs would be a plus. This person will need to exhibit a high level of professionalism and be able to interface with all levels of personnel. Exceptional written, organizational, communication, and presentation skills are also necessary. The ideal candidate should be a pro-active self-starter who is comfortable working independently, can think outside of the box, isn’t afraid to make suggestions and can build and foster strong relationships. Attention to detail and ability to follow-through are essential. Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat is required.
For over 90 years, Ullico, the only labor-owned insurance and investment company, has been a proud partner of the labor movement, keeping union families safe and secure. From insurance products that protect union members, leaders and employers, to investments in building projects that have created thousands of union jobs, our customers continue to trust us with protecting their families, employees, businesses and investments.
We offer a competitive starting salary and an outstanding benefits package including health/dental/vision, 401(k) and pension plan. Ullico is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ullico participates in E-Verify.