Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryThe Middle Market Business Center centrally underwrites and negotiates renewal and new business for eligible accounts across the low to mid-sized range of Middle Market Business Insurance. The Account Executive (AE), Business Center will partner with agents and brokers to provide coverage for new and/or renewal business based on customers' needs. As an AE, you are decisive, detail-oriented, and know how to build relationships internally and externally to drive results. Your ability to assess risk and sell our products will contribute to the profitability and success of Travelers.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the profitability, growth, and retention of an assigned book of business.
- Underwrite and skillfully negotiate customer accounts to minimize risk and maximize profitability.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with internal partners within the business unit and across the enterprise to support market penetration objectives and identify cross-selling opportunities.
- Foster relationships with external partners by delivering seamless underwriting experiences and solutions.
- Identify and capture new business opportunities using consultative marketing and sales skills.
- Support the execution of agency, region, and group sales plans.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 2 years of underwriting experience.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree.
- Three to five years of relevant underwriting experience.
- Knowledge of Business Insurance products, the regulatory environment, and the local insurance market.
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to proactively identify underwriting, marketing, or financial challenges and analyze available information to make timely decisions in alignment with our risk appetite.
- Communication skills with the ability to successfully negotiate with agents and brokers.
Licensing or Certificates
- CPCU designation.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Travel Requirements: Travel Occasionally
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.