AVP, Business Development Executive
As the Business Development Executive,you will be responsible for achieving profitable personal and business lines growth by seeking new opportunities to expand Safeco and Liberty Mutual's independent agent market share and new business revenue. Primary focus is to initiate and secure large-scale book movement with other carriers and national agency/broker partners. Develops prospecting and proposal strategy, networks externally, develops accompanying compensation strategies, and collaborates across company to meet growth and profitability objectives. Works across teams in economics, product, technology, M&A and operations to secure and execute opportunities. Leads initial book transfer execution planning and provides a smooth transition to Operations. Collaborates to continuously enhance our offerings and other enablers of profitable growth. Also responsible for development in implementation of strategy to expand capabilities in the book transfer/book acquisition space.
- Identifies & secures new business opportunities, principally via large-scale book transfers, to grow Safeco personal lines and Liberty business lines through the independent agency channel.
- Maintains extensive knowledge on industry trends related to the channel in order to capture new business opportunities, including partnerships with other carriers.
- Develops and executes carrier prospecting strategy including research, contacting and presentations. Works cross-functionally with internal groups such as Field leaders, M&A and Strategic Partnerships to further develop prospect pipeline opportunity.
- Employs assertive sales techniques in conducting sales presentations to carrier and national partner executive teams.
- Creates compelling and profitable proposals to secure large scale book movement directly from other carriers in conjunction with their market exits. Leads cross-functional teams including product, actuarial, insights/economics, technology, book transfer and legal, to develop these proposals and then negotiate and complete contracts.
- Leads book transfer execution preparation from proposal acceptance to the public announcement of the agreement, collaborating closely with Director of Operations. Provides ongoing relationship management with carrier partners, and oversight of book transfer execution for large deals, including problem solving and ensuring premium goals are achieved.
- Builds partnership opportunities through industry networking and visibility. Participates in key industry events and builds affiliations that support prospecting opportunities.
- Informs and works on the continuous improvement of our book transfer and other strategic capabilities to enhance the value of our national agency partner and carrier transfer offerings.
- Advanced level knowledge of products, marketing, distribution channels, brokers, emerging technologies and M&A landscape.
- Skills required include: leadership/management; strategic marketing & segmentation; problem analysis and resolution at a strategic and functional level; negotiation; communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to build effective relationships both internally and externally
- 8 or more years of progressively more responsible experience in project management, business development, relationship management.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.