Medical Service Representatives - Medical Bill Review
The Medical Service Representative (MSR) reviews and analyzes basic to medium complexity medical bills (based on dollar amount of bill and treatment received/coding used) for relatedness and appropriateness for Claims, uses critical thinking skills to make accurate, timely, and compliant payment decisions while meeting department standards. The MSR will work within multiple applications simultaneously with strong keyboarding abilities.
- Audit medical bills for relatedness and appropriateness for Claims, using critical thinking skills to make accurate, timely, and compliant payment decisions while meeting production requirements.
- Identifies and resolves discrepancies in transactions/documents reviewed. Refers difficult or questionable transactions to Supervisor for assistance in resolution. Maintains relationships with internal/external customers and providers to ensure timely processing of transactions.
- Provides guidance and assistance on inquiries and problems and explain processing procedures, etc.
- Issues provider correspondence.
- Communicate with case managers, attorneys, and others to gather necessary information in order to complete transactions.
- Perform limited office support functions as assigned.
- Good oral and written communication skills needed to effectively maintain customer service relations.
- Strong keyboard and data entry skills needed for fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to use critical thinking skills in making decisions.
- High school diploma or equivalent training.
- Prefer broad working knowledge of credit policies, accounts payable and department operations.
- Prefer general knowledge of medical terminology and/or medical coding.
- Prefer ability to work with numbers.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.