Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryCommercial Accounts offers a wide array of guaranteed-cost products to mid-size businesses. Total account solutions include General Liability, Property, Automobile, Workers' Compensation, and Lead Umbrella. The Account Executive (AE), Commercial Accounts will partner with agents and brokers to provide property, general liability, commercial auto, and/or workers' compensation coverage for new and renewal business based on customers' needs. As an AE, you are decisive, detail-oriented, and know how to build relationships internally and externally to drive results. Your ability to assess risk and sell our products will contribute to the profitability and success of Travelers.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the profitability, growth, and retention of an assigned book of business.
- Underwrite and skillfully negotiate customer accounts to minimize risk and maximize profitability.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with internal partners within the business unit and across the enterprise to create sales plans and identify cross-selling opportunities.
- Foster and maintain relationships with external partners by regularly meeting in person with agents and brokers to market and sell Travelers products with a goal of writing and retaining accounts consistent with our risk appetite. Must be able to travel to such meetings.
- Identify and capture new business opportunities using consultative marketing and sales skills.
- Develop and execute agency sales plans. Execute region/group sales plans.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Two years of underwriting experience.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree.
- Three to five years of relevant underwriting experience with experience in commercial lines.
- Knowledge of commercial lines products, the regulatory environment, and the local insurance market.
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to proactively identify underwriting, marketing, or financial challenges and analyze available information to make timely decisions in alignment with our risk appetite.
- Communication skills with the ability to successfully negotiate with agents and brokers.
Licensing or Certificates
- CPCU designation.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.