Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryResponsible for the execution of industry leading sales strategies; initiating and developing highly effective sales relationships with customers, distribution resources, and fellow employees. Dynamic, results driven sales professionals with exceptional sales skills conducts virtual, telephonic sales calls as part of a highly collaborative insides sales team. Within a designated territory assignment, cultivate relationships at every level of the agency. Match agency needs to Travelers Small Business products and services to provide customer solutions. Develop, implement and execute initiatives within territory and individual agencies to achieve the financial plan and support Small Commercial strategy. Prioritize time and opportunities. Develop and manage a pipeline of opportunities that are consistent with the Travelers strategy and capabilities.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify and develop a flow of new customers that fit our profile and exceed our production goal Understand specific industry characteristics of each segment including key needs and buying patterns and use effectively in positioning our products, platform, and services.
- Create sales call plans and conduct effective virtual sales calls with assigned agents to drive the consistent new business flow required to meet financial and sales call targets.
- Develop annual agency sales plan, negotiate financial goals with individual agencies and create actionable plans to achieve growth goals.
- Work with an assigned agency plant to achieve new business growth, mix of business, retention and profit targets. Segments agents accordingly to opportunity.
- Own the execution of the Select Business Development Process and Best Practices.
- Understand the small business insurance market and trends. Collect competitive intelligence and uses industry and agency knowledge to maximize outcomes.
- Develop expertise in Travelers small Business products, platforms and services. Differentiate Travelers from our competitors. Apply knowledge to position solutions for our agents.
- Work collaboratively with internal business partners to provide an outstanding customer experience, manage pipeline and execute on sales plans.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- 2 years of marketing or sales experience in the Property & Casualty insurance industry (agency/carrier) preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Exceptional verbal and written skills, listening skills and virtual presentation skills; ability to establish rapport and build relationships via phone.
- Effectively utilizes available office technology and internet applications (Work Queue; MS Suite; SE Toolbox, Lync, etc.).
- Select/Enterprise Knowledge: Demonstrates and applies knowledge of appetite; product; platform and Agency Compensation as well as Enterprise support services (Service Center, Claims, Billing, etc.).
- Motivated self-starter who is organized and has the ability to prioritize opportunity.
- Sales/ Sales Management: Develops short and long term action plans based on analysis of relevant data; demonstrates exceptionally strong Professional Selling Skills; knows when and how to apply consultative and transactional sales skills.
- Collaboration and Relationship Management & Resiliency: Ability to build and sustain long term productive internal and external relationships; ability to effectively deal with pressure, work related issues in professional and positive manner.
- Influence the Sale: Ability to effectively influence internally and externally; ability to convince agents to represent and promote Travelers products and services.
- Agency Management: Thoroughly understands agency business and behaviors; develops flow required to achieve annual goals; advising and consulting to agency constituents to develop mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Adapting to Change: Adapting to changing situations, restructuring tasks and priorities as changes occur within business unit.
- Decision Making: Uses resources, and data to make fact based decisions in a timely and efficient manner.
- Financial and Business Acumen: Demonstrates market knowledge; territory awareness (including headroom opportunities and competitor strengths & weaknesses).
- Integrity: Upholding a high standard of ethics and professionalism in all actions.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Travel Requirements: Travel Occasionally
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.