P&C Business Analyst
American National is an established, stable, and successful multi-line insurance corporation that has provided financial strength and a sense of security to employees, customers and business partners since 1905. We've been recognized by Forbes as one of America's most trustworthy financial companies and best mid-sized employers. With focus on our organization's values and cultural richness: Financial Strength, Integrity, Respect, Service and Teamwork (FIRST) and Agility, Collaboration, and Engagement (ACE) we continue to pursue our vision to be a leading provider of financial products and services for current and future generations.
What's in it for you?
American National supports a comfortable, diverse, and inclusive work environment, following a casual dress code and focus on healthy work-life balance. We understand that comprehensive benefits are important which is why we offer a generous package that includes: medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, matching 401(k), paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, health-wellness initiatives, and a volunteer program where employees are provided PTO for giving their time to a charity of choice, and referral bonuses! We also offer a comprehensive wellness program that includes onsite fitness centers and classes or discounted gym memberships, free health screenings, free flu shots, and more.
American National is seeking a Business Analyst for the Springfield, MO corporate location. The Business Analyst will assist Multiple Line Agencies in reaching goals and project objectives by eliciting, analyzing and authoring detailed business requirements documentation for initiated projects. They will meet with business stakeholders to develop an understanding of the business need and objectives requiring a cross-divisional solution and ensure that the primary benefits of the project plan align with business objectives to support justification of the project.
- Develop, review, and edit requirements, specifications, business process, and recommendations related to a proposed solution.
- Develop functional specifications and high-level system design.
- Serve as the primary connection through which requirements flow between the stakeholders, end user(s), and project team.
- Analyze and document business workflows, using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Assess impact of new business processes on current business process models and systems.
- Develop and execute test plans and schedules to ensure project requirements have been met.
- Represent Voice of the Agent by understanding the needs of the field and articulate those in meetings or on project teams
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or related field.
- Five or more years job experience working as a Business Analyst or similar field also accepted in place of degree.
- Insurance designation preferred (AINS, API, CPCU)
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to converse with and present to all levels of employees
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
The preceding job posting was designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
American National's recruitment policies help us place individuals in a timely and efficient manner. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted by our recruiting team. Candidates may check the status of their application(s) by logging into our Career Portal.
American National is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.