Sales Market Leader - Chicagoland
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.Plus, Allstate is changing how, when, and where we work-to lead us boldly into our future. We're empowering our employees to create better ways of working through more intentional use of communication and collaboration practices, processes and tools.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary
The Sales Market Leader (SML) supports the growth and success of the distribution channel and its new agency owners and/or existing exclusive agents.This is achieved through effective consultations, acquisition and retention process adoption, business planning and deployment/staffing strategies.Influences behavior changes with the ability to coach/engage agency owners.
The SMLsupportsGrowth agencies and is responsible for owning the market to which they are assigned and achieving Allstate business objectives - which include but are not limited to - ensuring strategic, long-term profitable growth and increased market share. This will be achieved through:
- Creating and tracking performance to a strategic business plan for the market
- As the Allstate Representative, consulting with Exclusive Agencies (EAs) and Exclusive Financial Specialists (EFSs) to develop strategic business plans, provide advice on agency operations, identify issues and recommend plans for resolution, and facilitate access to Allstate resources (e.g. Agency Process Specialist) as requested
- Communicating Allstate messages to EAs and EFSs, apply the message to the agency-specific business model, and assisting EAs and EFSs, as requested, to create an action plan to adjust operations accordingly
- Prospecting for, assessing and recruiting agency candidates in accordance with the market deployment strategy
The SML travels to agencies and consults and provides advice on-site in order to achieve goals.
Driving and Tracking Agency Results (20%)
- Consults with agencies to drive results in order to meet the market production plan
Business Planning (~20%)
- Creates a short term (1 year) and long term (3 year) strategic market business plans, and drives market performance to those plans, as requested
- Collaborates with EAs and EFSs to assist with creation of agency-specific short term (1 year) and long term (3 year) strategic business plans, periodically reviews and suggests adjustments as necessary to achieve results
- Acts as a Strategic Business Advisor to EAs and EFSs in order to achieve short & long term business objectives
- Listens to EA primary aims, business goals, and challenges
- Suggests appropriate marketing programs and processes
- Uses financial modeling to provide advice on creating a business case for key investments with EA
- Consults on agency staffing models
- Identifies operational issues within agencies, recommends solutions and opportunities and assists in producing an action plan for resolution
- Monitors agency results to the plan, communicates impact to agency and consults with EA and recommends adjustments where appropriate
Communication & Relationship Management (~15%)
- Acts as an ambassador for Allstate with the agencies, and take ownership of Allstate messages
- Communicates Allstate messaging on all relevant topics, including business objectives, sales promotions and incentives, compensation and bonus structure, and Allstate news
- Customizes messaging for the specific agency, assesses the implications, and suggests necessary actions
- Works with the Strategic Deployment Leader (SDL) to determine strategic deployment opportunities
- Prospects for candidates, and sells them on the Allstate value proposition
- Interviews candidates to determine aptitude and financial viability, and makes recommendations on appointments
- Works with new candidates on business planning and establishing their agency
Process Support (10%)
- Identifies needs for processes necessary to drive successful business practices in a new agency
- Coordinates with SAL and APS-G to ensure successful and timely installation of needed processes as requested
Financial Services Supervision (~5%)
- As delegated by the Regional Financial Services Leader (RFSL), performs those duties, as set forth in the AFS, LLC Written Supervisory Procedures, of a Designated Supervisory Principal (DSP) within a market
- Provides day-to-day securities supervision of registered representatives (EAs) to ensure that they meet SEC, NASD, and all other broker/dealer requirements (excludes Series 7 activity unless designated by the RFSL).
Experience and Knowledge
- 5 years business experience in a leadership role
- Sales Experience
- 4 year college degree preferred
- Designated Supervisory Principal
Analytical and Technical Skills
- Business planning skills - financial modeling and cash flow projections
- Business consulting skills - strategy formulation, problem solving, and change management
- Analytical skills ability to assemble information, analyze data and deliver insights e.g. making market projections from trends and conditions
- Sales skills - knowledge of all aspects of sales process and drivers (examples include: projections, goals, targets, shop, buy, cross-sell, retain, profitability, compliance, quality)
- Recruiting skills - Knowledge of candidate prospecting techniques, candidate development, deployment models, process installation, and education techniques
- Industry & Company Expertise - In-depth knowledge of the Allstate business model, products and processes (including pricing, claims, market planning etc.)
- IT Skills - Ability to use Microsoft Office products
- Communication skills - Includes presentation, business writing, negotiation, motivation and relationship management.
- Relationship Management skills - Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit, defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team
- Organizational and process management skills - Can engage resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently
- Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
Required Licenses (including certifications)
- FINRA Series 6, 26 and 63 (where applicable) required or the ability to acquire in the timeframe set forth by the Allstate Broker Dealer.
- P&C, Life and Health Licensed in state of residence
- Requirement for role in 2018: Allstate is investing in the development of its field leaders to drive the trusted advisor strategy. In 2018 sales leaders will be required to complete the Financial Services Certified Professional Designation Program as a condition of employment. Completion of the education must occur by the end of 2019. Incumbents newly hired in 2018 and beyond will have 2 years from the hire date to complete the education program (i.e., hired in January 2019, will have until Jan 2021 to complete it). Deadlines for leaders on a TDY will be extended by the term of the TDY. This is an industry recognized program that is customized for Allstate by the American College of Financial Services. It provides the skills needed to build strong teams, drive results and enable field leaders to coach agencies on how to serve customers.
- Leaders who have completed the FSCP, LUTCF, CLU, ChFC or CFP designation education are exempt
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.